BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

1000 stocking caps in the back of the X3 and 26.5 mpg on the Thanksgiving trip...

Both of my folks are retired teachers and they always donate stocking caps that they make to a couple schools in Minneapolis Public Schools every year. This year I was able to pack up over 1000 hats in the back and had room for more! The X3 also got 26.5 mpg on the round trip (140 miles)...and that was between 70 - 80 with several wot runs to pass! I could have gotten over 27 if I drove even a little bit more conservatively

11-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Toecutter
Private
Rep
Drives: rattletrap

Your videos are so peculiar. Talking birds and boxes of hats? What the heck? I'd rather see your vehicle and hear the motor.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Your videos are so peculiar. Talking birds and boxes of hats? What the heck? I'd rather see your vehicle and hear the motor.
Sorry you don't approve - I thought getting a 1000 stocking caps into the back of a smallish suv was appropriate fare....feel free not to read the threads or watch the vids if they bother you so much...
      11-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Toecutter
Private
Rep
Drives: rattletrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
Sorry you don't approve - I thought getting a 1000 stocking caps into the back of a smallish suv was appropriate fare....feel free not to read the threads or watch the vids if they bother you so much...
Dude, it's just weird. I click on your vids hoping to see more of your awesome car (as this is a car forum) but instead I get boxes and talkng birds.

Edit: a vid of your 70-80 WOT runs that you mentioned would have been cool.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Fedinand, keep them coming - we like them

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0