BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
eelric92
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 F25

BMW X3 F25 questions

Hey guys! So, it ONLY took about 4+ months, but my BMW X3 28i just came in today. So happy! What a vehicle! Regardless, there are some questions I'm hoping some of you X3 owners could help me answer! Many thanks!

1. With the comfort access key, is there anyway you can set it so that the doors lock themselves if the key is outside the proximity of the vehicle? Or must you ALWAYS touch the grid on the doorknob?

2. Auto liftgate - can you adjust the clearance of the trunk? My garage is a little low and I'm scared the trunk might get scratched by the garage door when it opens!

3. Voice recognition on the steering wheel - how do you use it? I tried using it to play some music on the radio, but it didn't work... Does the car need to be on?

Again many thanks and lovin' the forum
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

1) Don't know
2) Yes
3) Press on the button and ask for the commands list. Does it beep when you press it on? The button is there also in cars that don't feature the voice commands. Are you sure you have the package? I believe yes, the car has to be on.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelric92 View Post
Hey guys! So, it ONLY took about 4+ months, but my BMW X3 28i just came in today. So happy! What a vehicle! Regardless, there are some questions I'm hoping some of you X3 owners could help me answer! Many thanks!

1. With the comfort access key, is there anyway you can set it so that the doors lock themselves if the key is outside the proximity of the vehicle? Or must you ALWAYS touch the grid on the doorknob?

2. Auto liftgate - can you adjust the clearance of the trunk? My garage is a little low and I'm scared the trunk might get scratched by the garage door when it opens!

3. Voice recognition on the steering wheel - how do you use it? I tried using it to play some music on the radio, but it didn't work... Does the car need to be on?

Again many thanks and lovin' the forum
1) Not that I am aware of?
2) Yes, it's under your vehicle settings in iDrive
3) I'm pretty sure the car has to be on for it to work...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

3) The car needs to be on for voice recognition to work but imo VR doesn't recognize speech very accurately. What I found works better anyways is to set certain menus and features that you want by using the 8 programmable number keys.
Appreciate 0