BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-24-2015, 12:36 PM   #705
calvinlacock
Rep
Drives: X3 SE 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
That's a good result, I got offered my deposit back and nothing else. I managed to get a week 12 build car though from another dealer with a better discount than I had through the broker.
I saw some other dealers - all telling me that if I placed the order then and there (2 weeks back) , they all guaranteed the car delivered end April - so week 12 build. The problem for me was that in essence, what if they tell you porkies? Then it's another 8 month wait.

In total, the compromise was good but I had to involve BMW UK to get the dealer to pay any attention to me?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #706
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinlacock View Post
I saw some other dealers - all telling me that if I placed the order then and there (2 weeks back) , they all guaranteed the car delivered end April - so week 12 build. The problem for me was that in essence, what if they tell you porkies? Then it's another 8 month wait.

In total, the compromise was good but I had to involve BMW UK to get the dealer to pay any attention to me?
It's poor indeed, but they could have just returned your deposit or made you wait the t&c's cover it. So a loan car for a couple of months is a good result.

Should my order for week 12 get bumped I'll definatly cancel immediately and buy a slightly used lci car which there will be more of again by then.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #707
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

A few quick pics
Attached Images

01-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #708
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
A few quick pics
Very smart, I think the red really suits the xline spec
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:00 AM   #709
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
A few quick pics
Very nice .. And the car isn't bad either

I think that looks very good and the black windows suit it .. As they do on a silver

I think the wheels set it off very well .. If be happy to drive about in that

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:08 AM   #710
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Quote:
A few quick pics
Thank you, TufflittleUnit.
Now THAT'S A CAR ! Not boring, not dull and it shows that it's owner has personality and guts.....
I like that.

Great pictures. However, make some more when the sun is shining (but I think in the UK that is difficult... )

Last edited by Portimao318; 02-26-2015 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #711
tonyord
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 m sport

Quote:
It's poor indeed, but they could have just returned your deposit or made you wait the t&c's cover it. So a loan car for a couple of months is a good result.

Should my order for week 12 get bumped I'll definatly cancel immediately and buy a slightly used lci car which there will be more of again by then.
northandy,did you get your deposit back in good time as i keep getting fobed off with cooper teeside after i cancelled before xmas and im still waiting for it to be returned
Any advice as im not getting anywhere with it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #712
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Anyone getting a X3 delivered for the new '15 plate? what status has your car got to?

Already in the UK at Southampton? Thorne? Dealer?

Just curious how long it take for these cars to get here from S.C.

Thanks !

Some great looking cars here btw !! :-)
      01-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #713
Akers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 MSport 2.0 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX
Anyone getting a X3 delivered for the new '15 plate? what status has your car got to?

Thanks !

I got mine in 30 days (production 10th November I collected on the 10th December) I have seen most members mention 6 weeks here.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #714
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyord View Post
northandy,did you get your deposit back in good time as i keep getting fobed off with cooper teeside after i cancelled before xmas and im still waiting for it to be returned
Any advice as im not getting anywhere with it
Took about 5 days, I had to chase them again mind you.

There's no reason why it should take a month, I'd ask to speak to the dealer principle ( mine wasn't from cooper teesside though just so you know )
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 02:55 AM   #715
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX

Thanks !

Mine is coming for a 15 plate

Due to be built next week .. And then 4-6 weeks to UK

Depends on shipping schedules

So should have it mid March

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 03:34 AM   #716
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

How do you guys know when your ordered car is to be built in Spartanburg ?
I would also like to know this. What do I have to ask from my dealer than ?
thanx!

Oh, and what is a 15 plate ? Is this something for England ?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 03:58 AM   #717
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2 View Post
thanx!

The '15 plate' just refers to the UK's licence plate system.

Vehicles registered from 1st March will contain the number 15 in the licence plate ,e,g, XX15 XXX. From September it changes to 65 so people know how new your car potentially is.

Changes every year, so will be 16 and 66 next year.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 05:31 AM   #718
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666
Quote:
thanx!

The '15 plate' just refers to the UK's licence plate system.

Vehicles registered from 1st March will contain the number 15 in the licence plate ,e,g, XX15 XXX. From September it changes to 65 so people know how new your car potentially is.

Changes every year, so will be 16 and 66 next year.
Your dealer can see on the internal BMW system what the status of your car is

Mine shows confirmed order accepted by the factory with a build week scheduled as wk 6

Once it goes into production the status will change

And once it is dispatched if you have the vin number you can track it via the shipping
Line

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #719
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

I ordered my car on December 16th 2014.
Now I just called my dealer and he checked my orderstatus. He said that the only thing he could see was that my car is scheduled for production in march.
Next month (so in february) he would be able to tell me the exact week of production.

So after I know the production week, will it be another 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, you think ?

(I ordered my car in Hungary).

Last edited by Portimao318; 01-27-2015 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #720
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
I ordered my car on December 16th 2014.
Now I just called my dealer and he checked my orderstatus. He said that the only thing he could see was that my car is scheduled for production in march.
Next month (so in february) he would be able to tell me the exact week of production.

So after I know the production week, will it be another 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, you think ?

(I ordered my car in Hungary).
I would have thought so ... Depends where it is offloaded in Europe and how they then get it to you

I would assume Bremerhaven then road/rail

Your dealer should know how long it takes from build to delivery

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #721
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Very smart, I think the red really suits the xline spec
So do I but unfortunately xLine wasn't available to me on my company car scheme ... no idea why because I've added way more in options and am sure it would add to residuals. I'm still pleased with the way the car looks - especially the 305 wheels but it does look so much better with the xLine trim.

If xLine had been available I'd probably have been considering a trade off against the pro media package. In retrospect I'm glad I was "forced" into taking the pro media ... so many little features.

NB - a lot of the press reviews suggested that the tailgate would open by waving your leg under the rear (I assumed this was with the car unlocked). Doesn't work for me - I suspect it only comes with the convenience opening option. Having said that, just holding the tailgate button on the remote for 1 second is probably easier than dicking around doing the hokey cokey. There's then a button in the tailgate to fully close it again without having to hold the remote button down.

PS - happy to answer any questions, post snippets from the manual etc if anyone has any questions. There were still a couple of things I was unsure of until the car actually arrived, most notably on the bluetooth integration. I've managed to get an S5 behaving in exactly the same way as an iPhone/iPod for music play over USB (cover art, search by artists/album etc).
      02-01-2015, 01:58 AM   #722
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
a lot of the press reviews suggested that the tailgate would open by waving your leg under the rear (I assumed this was with the car unlocked). Doesn't work for me - I suspect it only comes with the convenience opening option.
That's right, the 'wave-your-foot-to-open-the-boot' is part of comfort access (so also works if car is locked) - unless you have an MSport as, apparently, the under-bumpers sensors that detect the smell of cheesy socks aren't compatible with the MSport bumper
      02-01-2015, 02:25 AM   #723
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
So do I but unfortunately xLine wasn't available to me on my company car scheme ... no idea why because I've added way more in options and am sure it would add to residuals. I'm still pleased with the way the car looks - especially the 305 wheels but it does look so much better with the xLine trim.

If xLine had been available I'd probably have been considering a trade off against the pro media package. In retrospect I'm glad I was "forced" into taking the pro media ... so many little features.

NB - a lot of the press reviews suggested that the tailgate would open by waving your leg under the rear (I assumed this was with the car unlocked). Doesn't work for me - I suspect it only comes with the convenience opening option. Having said that, just holding the tailgate button on the remote for 1 second is probably easier than dicking around doing the hokey cokey. There's then a button in the tailgate to fully close it again without having to hold the remote button down.

PS - happy to answer any questions, post snippets from the manual etc if anyone has any questions. There were still a couple of things I was unsure of until the car actually arrived, most notably on the bluetooth integration. I've managed to get an S5 behaving in exactly the same way as an iPhone/iPod for music play over USB (cover art, search by artists/album etc).

Hopefully ......

I'll love mine and be able to post pics of it on here soon !

So glad I decided to upgrade at the last minute to pro nav

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 06:23 AM   #724
Sparky14
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3.0d XLine Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Hopefully ......

I'll love mine and be able to post pics of it on here soon !

So glad I decided to upgrade at the last minute to pro nav
Why the Pro nav just can't make my mind up?????
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #725
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky14 View Post
Why the Pro nav just can't make my mind up?????
Because it's not just Pro Nav ... it's the professional media package. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy reference on the differences but there's more to Pro than just the bigger screen.

The main display binnacles are different, the iDrive controller allows you to "write" characters on a touchpad, there's a HDD for storing nav data and music, voice control, ConnectedDrive apps, DVD playback whilst stationary and more. Today I found it will display Google StreetView images of a destination.

Probably the most significant difference for me personally is the ability to properly integrate an Android phone with iDrive using the ConnectedDrive apps.

I think these are all unique to pro media but could be wrong ... and there's certainly more I haven't found yet. None of it's essential but it's all fun and some of it is useful.
      02-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #726
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Because it's not just Pro Nav ... it's the professional media package. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy reference on the differences but there's more to Pro than just the bigger screen.

The main display binnacles are different, the iDrive controller allows you to "write" characters on a touchpad, there's a HDD for storing nav data and music, voice control, ConnectedDrive apps, DVD playback whilst stationary and more. Today I found it will display Google StreetView images of a destination.

Probably the most significant difference for me personally is the ability to properly integrate an Android phone with iDrive using the ConnectedDrive apps.

I think these are all unique to pro media but could be wrong ... and there's certainly more I haven't found yet. None of it's essential but it's all fun and some of it is useful.
Save your ~£900 and buy an iPad instead: Bigger screen still; doesn't have to stay in the car; and watch your films whilst you're moving as well as parked (or so I've heard). Then treat yourself to a weekend break in Guernsey with the spare change.
Appreciate 0