BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
ynor
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0d Xdrive

F25 LCI conversion?

Is it possible to upgrade my 2011 F25 to LCI exterior by buying the M Aerodynamics retrofit package and new LCI headlights? Will these fit?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
dandanio
The one that drives!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 x3 35i/09 Jetta TDI

No, sell it and buy an LCI one. More economical.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynor View Post
Is it possible to upgrade my 2011 F25 to LCI exterior by buying the M Aerodynamics retrofit package and new LCI headlights? Will these fit?
You can def do it... but why would you..? get a true LCI... no only the exterior is different but you will have an upgraded interior as well. The only item so far that i know you will loose is the anchor points for the rear cargo net... but if you dont use it then there is no loss... i would def get a 2016 as there have been changes to pricing and equipment.

2016 BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle

Changes to the standard equipment:

Enhanced USB and Bluetooth are now standard on all BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle models, including:
– Mobile Office – Text Messages, Email, Calendar, Tasks, Contact photos, Voice memos.
– Additional Microphone
– Bluetooth sync for additional (2nd) phone
– Library browsing via Bluetooth
– iSpeech – Voice control for contacts and music
Harman Kardon surround sound system is now standard on X3 xDrive35i Sports Activity Vehicle.
For model year 2016, the multifunction hook at the right of the luggage compartment and the two separating elements in the storage compartment are removed from standard equipment on all BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle models.

Lines and Package changes:
Driver Assistance Plus Package (ZDB):
Pricing has been reduced to $1,700 on all BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle models.
Technology Package (ZTP):
Pricing has been reduced to $2,750 on all BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle models.

Changes to standalone options:

609 – Navigation system: Pricing has been reduced to $1,950 on all BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle models.
6AN – Concierge Services has been removed as an orderable option and is now available exclusively through the ConnectedDrive store.
6NS – Is now Smartphone Integration and priced at $200 (previously $500), as the following features previously only available in 6NS are now included in 6NP Enhanced USB and Bluetooth (standard):

– Mobile Office
– 2nd Bluetooth microphone
– Bluetooth sync for an additional (2nd) phone
– Library browsing via Bluetooth (in addition to USB)

6NS – Smartphone Integration now includes only the Base plate in center console for snap-in Adapter integration & Connection to external antenna for improved reception (Requires optional snap-in Adapter – sold separately).

BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle Pricing (including $995 D&H):
X3 sDrive28i $39,595
X3 xDrive28i $41,595
X3 xDrive28d $43,095
X3 xDrive35i $47,345
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
ynor
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandanio View Post
No, sell it and buy an LCI one. More economical.
A new LCI would cost me about $30.000-$35.000 more if selling my 2011 in Norway due to high taxes. Won't be buying a new X3 until the 3rd gen is released. Gathering used parts on Ebay would give a nice refresh. Not sure if the headlights fit the bonnet and if they require coding?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2015, 03:51 AM   #5
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Anything is possible, and probably not that expensive.

I have just overlaid two images on top of each other, pre lci and lci and the bonnet line and the top of the grille seem to match, as does the wings, so it looks like LCI headlights, bumper and grille needed.

I would guess that as long as you went halogen for halogen or xenon for xenon they would not need coding.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #6
740AV
Rep
Drives: -11 X3 2.0d m-sport

I'm also considering an LCI conversion. My x3 is a -11 with m-sport package. I've been comparing some partnumbers, and it seems like the bonnet, front fenders and front wheel arches have the same numbers for pre-LCI, LCI and the F26 as well.
So for my car, I think I'll only be needing the LCI headlights (bi-xenon), LCI foglights and the LCI front bumper with all the grills and trim bits.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

I'm keeping an eye out on the breakers yards for a crashed X3 to come in, however, typically it is nearly always the front end that is ruined when they do!

But I do think the LCI front end looks a lot better and would be worth doing.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #8
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

WHY do a conversion?? LCI model is only the minor change upgrade. I would wait for the new model comes out and that is why we do lease.
      06-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #9
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

The front end is much nicer, makes the car look a lot fresher. I think you could do it all for under a grand using eBay.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #10
mindanalyzer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 Xdrive28i

I would like to replace the rear bumper of my 2014 X3 (The one with the big rounded black plastic) by the new LCI rear bumper. I have the driver assistance pkg so the sensors must be transferred too.

Is it doable? Does it take too much $?

Note: My X3 is alpine white so the big black plastic piece is really highlighted in this color. In black (or dark color) vehicles it does not look so bad
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

Have a look on www.realoem.com for the part numbers and ask your dealer for a price on them.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #12
ynor
Registered
Rep

Did anyone do an LCI conversion yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:57 AM   #13
modomi06
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 LCI, i3S

I'm interested too.
look there
http://www.bimmerretrofit.at/2015/03...ve-360-kamera/
I tried to contact them by email, but no response.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #14
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jalopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by modomi06 View Post
I'm interested too.
look there
http://www.bimmerretrofit.at/2015/03...ve-360-kamera/
I tried to contact them by email, but no response.
I don't read German. How much would that overhaul cost? Seems like alot of work just for a refresh. Like others have stated why not sell and purchase a newer car?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
honeybadgerch
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline

They don't state a cost, just the process. They say that the client asked about this bei BMW and they said it isn't possible.

Seems like they used an X4 front bumper to make it all work.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #16
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch View Post
They don't state a cost, just the process. They say that the client asked about this bei BMW and they said it isn't possible.

Seems like they used an X4 front bumper to make it all work.
So that makes sense, X4 bumper than purchase LCI, LED Lights and housing. But what about the cockpit center console temperature controls?, is that just a swap out for the pre-LCI version?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #17
honeybadgerch
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline

I'll translate the most important parts:

First paragraph not important

Second is the parts list

Third is about reprogramming the OSS to the newest version

Fourth part is about repalacing some mechanical components that were necessary for integration (lots of work)

Fifth explains they took apart the front bumper and the original Xenon lights

Sixth is about installing the LED lights. The system had to be changed to accomodate the new lights so they communicate, so whatever unit that is responsible for this was replaced.

Seventh (under the first set of pics) explains the mounting and testing of lights and fog lights as well as installing the LCI 2014 camera system, which required special cables to attack and have the cameras communicate with one another

Eighth (after the screen pics) explains that when the camera system is ready in front and in the mirrors, they took apart the original CIC system and installed the relevant NBT systems

Ninth: Furthering of the cabin with a plate-mounted AC unit for LCI 2014 and coding the plate to the instrument pannel

Tenth says that all of the parts they used were checked with the existing VIN and installed within the recommended parameters so there are no conflicts, and explains the use of the X4 bumper to accommodate the changes

Last paragraph just says where they got the parts from.

This site is written in very poor, almost illegible German. I suspect there is some sort of mischief underway which could be attempting to sell non-LCI x3s as LCI x3s or something along that line.

Just from the German alone I can tell you something is fishy here...

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #18
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch View Post
I'll translate the most important parts:

First paragraph not important

Second is the parts list

Third is about reprogramming the OSS to the newest version

Fourth part is about repalacing some mechanical components that were necessary for integration (lots of work)

Fifth explains they took apart the front bumper and the original Xenon lights

Sixth is about installing the LED lights. The system had to be changed to accomodate the new lights so they communicate, so whatever unit that is responsible for this was replaced.

Seventh (under the first set of pics) explains the mounting and testing of lights and fog lights as well as installing the LCI 2014 camera system, which required special cables to attack and have the cameras communicate with one another

Eighth (after the screen pics) explains that when the camera system is ready in front and in the mirrors, they took apart the original CIC system and installed the relevant NBT systems

Ninth: Furthering of the cabin with a plate-mounted AC unit for LCI 2014 and coding the plate to the instrument pannel

Tenth says that all of the parts they used were checked with the existing VIN and installed within the recommended parameters so there are no conflicts, and explains the use of the X4 bumper to accommodate the changes

Last paragraph just says where they got the parts from.

This site is written in very poor, almost illegible German. I suspect there is some sort of mischief underway which could be attempting to sell non-LCI x3s as LCI x3s or something along that line.

Just from the German alone I can tell you something is fishy here...

Hope this helps
Thank you I appreciate the translation. No way in my right mind would I go for this. It seems like so much work for having the exact same car. Sure for ego you have the new front end, etc. But seems all for vanity.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 03:10 AM   #19
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Cai View Post
WHY do a conversion?? LCI model is only the minor change upgrade. I would wait for the new model comes out and that is why we do lease.
It's not just cosmetic exterior changes that make up an lci x3. The interior was also changed, with an updated iDrive system (touchpad for writing on). In the UK, the engines were also changed.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #20
kote
Georgia
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2012

I have upgraded it without any problem, purchased the headlights, bumper and grills. Only issue that came out is that headlight does not work only the lower beams. Dealer says that there is a need to add some modules because pre-LCI and LCI have different modules (LCI has two additional modules for headlights control).
Yesterday private guy that does the xenon lights said that he would take a look and see if something could be done. Let's see.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 04:01 AM   #21
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kote View Post
I have upgraded it without any problem, purchased the headlights, bumper and grills. Only issue that came out is that headlight does not work only the lower beams. Dealer says that there is a need to add some modules because pre-LCI and LCI have different modules (LCI has two additional modules for headlights control).
Yesterday private guy that does the xenon lights said that he would take a look and see if something could be done. Let's see.
Did you manage to solve the headlight problem?
Did you swap from xenon to xenon to xenon to the new LED headlights?

I recently had a front end accident that need to replace front bumper and one of the headlight. I am thinking to do a facelift as well, since i have to buy a new bumper anyway.

Also, does anyone know if LHD and RHD headlights are replaceable? by coding maybe? or the hardware is also different?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 04:04 AM   #22
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

You need the correct headlights.

If you are RHD and you put a LHD headlight in you can lower the lamp so it doesn't dazzle on the traffic side, but you can't extend the passenger side far enough to see properly.
Appreciate 0