BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-31-2021, 05:47 AM   #1
steve8274
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 2012

Front door card removal

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to remove the front door card from a 2012 x3? My power mirror isn't working and I've been told I need to remove all the door card to get to it. Passenger side if it makes a difference.
To those that have done it before, does it go back together ok without any creaks/noises etc
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Yes, the passenger side is different. Because the passenger side has that handle to pull the door closed you need to remove the "leather" cover on the handle to get to a screw back there. It just pries off. Honestly, it's best if you just watch a YouTube video of one being removed. I know they exist because I have watched one. If a search of that topic doesn't turn one up, search for things like "F25 X3 door speaker" or mirror and such things. BMW door cards are pretty easy as door cards go because they do not "hook" over the top edge of the door. They just pull straight out and press straight back on. Like all modern door cards, the hardest part is disconnecting all the wires and cables while you are awkwardly holding it.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2021, 09:02 AM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

But since you only need access to the mirror mounts, you can probably just hang the door card from a couple hooks made of wire or something and not disconnect all the wires, etc.
Appreciate 0