BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-07-2021, 12:55 AM   #1
hajar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Power folding mirrors retrofit how-to

Hi. I have an X3 F25 LCI (2015) without memory seats and with manually folding mirrors. I see there are plenty of folding mirrors on eBay and I am tempted to retrofit them. But I read in forums that I will need some custom wiring to make it work.

I have no problem doing any wiring or coding as long as I know what to do exactly. Unfortunately I could not find anything on F25. Anybody out there who has any clues and could share? Would greatly appreciate.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 04:45 AM   #2
Sandy5454
Sandy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30D

Garage List
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
folding mirrors for F25

I also looked at this for my F25 but didnt proceed as I learned that there is lack of available parts and fitting them could be a nightmare. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of support to do the job. I know you cannot just buy the folding mirrors ( probably used) and expect to just fit and connect. Wiring design plans needed and parts and then coding. In the end I didnt bother.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:06 AM   #3
hajar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

If someone had the instructions of how to install them, in particular the wiring, the rest can be found online and parts may be not always there, but from time to time are appearing on eBay, so shouldn't be a big problem.

My biggest issue is lack of clear wiring instructions.
Appreciate 0