BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-12-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Central locking issue

After working fine for a few weeks, I spotted that the left hand front and rear central locking pins had stayed up after the car is locked. I have all lock options ticked on iDrive. Trying the doors, they were actually unlocked but I could lock them manually if I pushed the pins down, making me think it was software. I recycled the system via iDrive, then locked via both internal dash button and key fob and now all seems well for now. Anyone experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
After working fine for a few weeks, I spotted that the left hand front and rear central locking pins had stayed up after the car is locked. I have all lock options ticked on iDrive. Trying the doors, they were actually unlocked but I could lock them manually if I pushed the pins down, making me think it was software. I recycled the system via iDrive, then locked via both internal dash button and key fob and now all seems well for now. Anyone experienced this?
No, but good work on the fix

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Fault is back as soon as I recheck the iDrive lock boxes. Will have to leave them that way and take car in :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

Update. Rechecked the boxes and today the doors locked again. Hope it stays that way. Moral of the story for me is that a visual check that all four door pins drop is needed before leaving the car. Seeing the lights flash or holding the lock button to even fold the mirrors in / close everything does not guarantee all doors are locked - yesterday the car said it was locked but two pins were up and the doors opened. A bit of a worry that.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Update. Rechecked the boxes and today the doors locked again. Hope it stays that way. Moral of the story for me is that a visual check that all four door pins drop is needed before leaving the car. Seeing the lights flash or holding the lock button to even fold the mirrors in / close everything does not guarantee all doors are locked - yesterday the car said it was locked but two pins were up and the doors opened. A bit of a worry that.
Why don’t you take it to the dealer and get it fixed?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

If it returns I may have to, but as they have a queue and no loan X3s could be without a suitable car for days! So would rather go in with some clues towards a fix.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Is it setting the alarm and leaving the red light flashing? If you opened the door that didn't lock that should have set off the alarm.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep

And so it did Sfax. Alarm sounded on opening locked door that wasn't! Weird thing is 1. Appears to be fine again for now. 2. Both passenger side doors left unlocked - drivers two locked as normal. Naturally garage said they had never heard of such a problem.
Appreciate 0