BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Another LCI in Glacier Silver

First time poster but just picked up my new 2.0d XLine in Glacier Silver today.

Ordered back in May for delivery in the UK.

Chose the black leather interior, sunroof, pro media pack, visibility pack, storage pack, internet, parking pack and lumbar support. Went for the manual gearbox as I'm not bothered about the automatic.

Had a 320d before this but there's no comparison. Totally loving it on day 1

A few pics attached. Sorry for the quality, had to use my iPad.

Have swapped the wife's photo on my desk at work for one of the car now

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Lovely

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
zagil9
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xdrive28i M Sport

Looks great!! Congratulations!

It's really cool to see a manual gearbox in essentially my same interior. We Americans are not even given this option. I don't really see why since it already exists and these gearboxes/parts are already at the South Carolina factory. It's virtually zero extra effort for BMW to potentially gain some add'l sales. They could even make it a $1,000 option, I bet many would bite.

Past BMWs:
2011 E70 xDrive50i
2006 E90 330xi
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagil9 View Post
Looks great!! Congratulations!

It's really cool to see a manual gearbox in essentially my same interior. We Americans are not even given this option. I don't really see why since it already exists and these gearboxes/parts are already at the South Carolina factory. It's virtually zero extra effort for BMW to potentially gain some add'l sales. They could even make it a $1,000 option, I bet many would bite.
Yes, totally bizarre why BMW don't provide the options equally to their entire customer base.

Saying that, every single hire care I've ever had in the States has been an auto-gearbox (no choice ever given). Didn't think you knew what manuals were

Great build quality though - watched that YouTube video of the production assembly - mind blowing stuff.

Last edited by gazzer666; 09-24-2014 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Gazzer .. How is the interior trim in the car ? I assume that you have the standard Xline trim .. I have the same coming in my car and was in two minds whether to upgrade it to fineline wood .. I haven't (as yet)

Having not seen it in person .. has anyone seen an X3 !! I would value your opinion on it

Andy

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
MuntJack
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

How strange, just signed up my first post to say I've also just bought exactly the same model, it's really an excellent piece of engineering, even for my mainly inner city commutes.

How are you finding the suspension?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Gazzer .. How is the interior trim in the car ? I assume that you have the standard Xline trim .. I have the same coming in my car and was in two minds whether to upgrade it to fineline wood .. I haven't (as yet)

Having not seen it in person .. has anyone seen an X3 !! I would value your opinion on it

Andy
I like it - very happy with how it looks and compliments the cabin nicely.

Will post some pics tomorrow in the daylight.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 03:31 AM   #8
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
I like it - very happy with how it looks and compliments the cabin nicely.

Will post some pics tomorrow in the daylight.
Thanks it does look good in your pics ... In fact the whole car looks good ! I originally ordered silver ..then changed it to red

I was talked into an auto .. Which will be my first ever, interesting to hear your views on the manual in the x3

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #9
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Here are some interior shots of the standard XLine copper trim.

Very shiny and looks almost like a mahogany wood effect. Very pleased I didn't opt for anything else.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6280.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6281.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6282.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6283.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6284.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6285.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6286.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6287.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6288.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6289.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6290.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6291.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6292.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6293.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...M/DSCF6294.JPG
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Thanks for the pics .. It has a nice rich and luxurious look to it .. Definitely not worth upgrading methinks

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the pics .. It has a nice rich and luxurious look to it .. Definitely not worth upgrading methinks
I wouldn't upgrade, looks more like a dark wood than the nasty sounding 'copper' effect they advertise

To be honest, once you've been driving it for a while, you don't really notice the interior much - all just blends into a single great experience.

Think I've seen one LCI in the UK since I ordered my X3 back in May. Feels very exclusive driving this thing about.

Someone at work parked their 1st generation X3 next to mine. Felt the urge to take a photo......

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Was also pleasantly surprised with copper look only got to know after I had already ordered how it looks in real life. No Need to buy wood.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Congrats - been waiting so long to see some UK pics of X-line with copper trim.. so thank you for that..

I ordered the Mocha leather so still have some surprises to come.. Ordered Sapphire black and been wobbling today if to change it.. not sure if I can even change it now so late on.. Really fancied Mineral White when I ordered but was talked out of it as a fashionable colour and am keeping for four years..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 01:24 AM   #14
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Congrats - been waiting so long to see some UK pics of X-line with copper trim.. so thank you for that..

I ordered the Mocha leather so still have some surprises to come.. Ordered Sapphire black and been wobbling today if to change it.. not sure if I can even change it now so late on.. Really fancied Mineral White when I ordered but was talked out of it as a fashionable colour and am keeping for four years..
Mine is the first new car I have bought for nearly 15 years ... Usually get a pre reg/ex demo and when I was younger and getting a Renault 5 it was just a case of what colour ... Now the choice of exterior, interior and options is bewildering !

Personally I think bolder and lighter colours show off the lines and stance of the X3 far better than dark colours .. I had one black car and swore never again ... Bugger to keep clean and show every mark ... Look good when clean but impossible to keep so

My wife currently has a c class which apparently only come in various shades of black although hers is a grey/black it always looks grubby

I think that the x3 is one of the few big cars that look good in white and also that the standard car looks better in white than the msport

Mocha leather ... Ordered that originally very seriously considering going back to it .. But again haven't seen it and just worry it will be too brown ... I have seen brown leather in a yeti and it looked ghastly .. I bottled it .. My wife wanted it for the orange stitching

Choices choices ... Originally went for the silver too which looks very nice in the above pics

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 01:27 AM   #15
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
I wouldn't upgrade, looks more like a dark wood than the nasty sounding 'copper' effect they advertise

To be honest, once you've been driving it for a while, you don't really notice the interior much - all just blends into a single great experience.

Think I've seen one LCI in the UK since I ordered my X3 back in May. Feels very exclusive driving this thing about.

Someone at work parked their 1st generation X3 next to mine. Felt the urge to take a photo......

Nice of your work to provide ALL those security cameras to watch over your beast

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #16
lovgren
Registered
Rep
Drives: 118d

Very nice car! congrats!

I'm very interested in this X3 2015...but i still haven't had the chance to test drive it. how is this new b47 engine compared to your old 320d N47? i've read that it's smoother and vibrates less than the N47. Is the N47 clatter gone?

What could you tell us about the performance of the engine? Does the x3 feel agile with the 190 HP?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 04:25 AM   #17
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovgren View Post
Very nice car! congrats!

I'm very interested in this X3 2015...but i still haven't had the chance to test drive it. how is this new b47 engine compared to your old 320d N47? i've read that it's smoother and vibrates less than the N47. Is the N47 clatter gone?

What could you tell us about the performance of the engine? Does the x3 feel agile with the 190 HP?

Thanks.
Well I've only done 200 miles it in so far (liftshare to work with 2 other guys) and taking it nice and easy at the moment.

My previous car was a 2010 320d Efficient Dynamics model - so a bit tuned down from the standard 320d edition. Saying that, the I didn't really notice a lot of vibration but then again you stop noticing stuff after a while.

Been driving the X3 in Eco mode, with a couple of shifts into Sports for some overtaking experiments The manual gearbox feels smooth and haven't really observed any obvious engine 'clatter'. Overall it feels like a nice evolution from the 320d. Certainly don't miss the ride height of the previous car - and associated scraping of the underside when trying to get on the driveway !

Would recommend you get a test drive done though (although I didn't bother) as this is a serious commitment.

The only other LCI I've seem was in Alpine White and looked fantastic. Had already ordered the silver though and didn't want to change at a late stage. Very happy with my choice still.

Thought about the black but felt it might look like a hearse or something out of a gangster movie. The silver seems a happy balance and goes well with the XLine trim enhancements.

Ordered the wife a Golf R in black though - won't be washing it mind you!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 04:28 AM   #18
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nice of your work to provide ALL those security cameras to watch over your beast
Unfortunately the old bloke on reception would probably have dozed off by the time the car is driven away.

Although have been playing with the iPad app and have worked out how to track it's position on Google maps.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Based on the Pics and this thread asking to change to Glacier Silver :-) if it doesn't affect build schedule
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 05:09 AM   #20
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Based on the Pics and this thread asking to change to Glacier Silver :-) if it doesn't affect build schedule
If you're near Gatwick / South East area you're welcome to take a look at mine any time.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #21
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks and much appreciated... Just heard back thatchanging colour is possible but could affect delivery from 0-8weeks.. So loving Black again now.

Being built this week which is great news..

So just say nice things about Black from now on please :-)

Last edited by bounderboy; 09-29-2014 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
lovgren
Registered
Rep
Drives: 118d

I would be between Alpine white and Space grau with the Xline finish.

There are tons of Xline white X3s on the net...anyone knows where I could find good pictures of a X3 in Space grey?
Appreciate 0