BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
bluesmachine
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
Just ordered MY new X3 35!

AFter way too many hours on this board asking many questions I finally ordered my X3 today. Took 3 days of negotiations - all over phone and using the Amex site as the benchmark, I was able to secure a deal from a dealer 20 minutes from my house. (West Springfield BMW in Massachusetts).

X35

Premium pack
Technology pack
Cold Weather pack
Conven. pack
Upgraded Stereo
Sat Radio

Colors: Deep Sea Blue with the always changing and ever-mysterious Chestnut interior. Unsure of what wood but I do like the lighter wood and may go with the Siena.

My only debate right now is whether to change up the cold weather and conv packages and add a few items a la carte (heated seats, wheel and power tailgate) and add Sports Package but I am just so unsure about the seats.

I only got to spend a few minutes on test drive in a different state in the sports seats and my dealer does not have a car with sports seats to test...

Should have it by the end of Feb or March.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Congratulations! You know what that means... Pictures when it arrives, please !
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmachine View Post
AFter way too many hours on this board asking many questions I finally ordered my X3 today. Took 3 days of negotiations - all over phone and using the Amex site as the benchmark, I was able to secure a deal from a dealer 20 minutes from my house. (West Springfield BMW in Massachusetts).

X35

Premium pack
Technology pack
Cold Weather pack
Conven. pack
Upgraded Stereo
Sat Radio

Colors: Deep Sea Blue with the always changing and ever-mysterious Chestnut interior. Unsure of what wood but I do like the lighter wood and may go with the Siena.

My only debate right now is whether to change up the cold weather and conv packages and add a few items a la carte (heated seats, wheel and power tailgate) and add Sports Package but I am just so unsure about the seats.

I only got to spend a few minutes on test drive in a different state in the sports seats and my dealer does not have a car with sports seats to test...

Should have it by the end of Feb or March.

well i can tell you the upgraded stereo is very much worth the money
it's almost as good as the one i have in my M3, and that is using a lot of aftermarket stuff (amp, speakers, subs) and that cost me a lot more than $875

Sat radio i don't use a lot, keep in mind you have HD radio as standard which unless you are looking for specific talk shows that are only on sat radio, does the job when it comes to Music.

conv package didn't make sense to me, because the only thing i needed was the power tailgate, so i just paid $500 for that
but looking back now, after i have my car, comf access is nice because right now i can just unlock the car, get in, press start and i'm off
i don't need to touch the key, ONCE i am in the car
if i had comf access, i would not have to touch the key period.

don't forget to order smartphone integration, which is $150 as there is supposed to be an upgrade we can install on our cars which will allow streaming from pandora through the phone, twitter access etc.
even if you don't want it, for $150 i'd rather get it as i see this being an important option in the coming years (much like nav is now) when it's time to sell your car

also at least with our dealer, the time frame he gave us was not correct
we ordered on 3rd of jan, he promised delivery by mid feb
we got the car on 28th of jan (would have been 27th except we had a snow storm and the dealer closed early)
so i think they have a margin of error when they tell you a date, so you don't get disappointed
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Marla17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Sports seats are great! They look very nice and they have a button to puff them up so that they really enclose you.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
bluesmachine
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
All great points.

I will add the smartphone integration - i totally forgot that. That is the 6NR debate thing going on right now correct?

I may delete comfort access, add only the power tailgate (i use this ALL the time racing triathlons with my bikes and such), and ultimately add the sport package.

Good thoughts though. I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Comfort Access is a glorious thing! No more key fumbling. Can be stuffed anywhere in your coat, running shorts, shoe pouch, backpack and you can lock, unlock, and start the car. At risk of being an enabler, calculate the cost per year over the life of the car and consider how much you use such things. If you enjoy a power tailgate I can't imagine you won't enjoy Comfort Access even more. I'd feel bad if you got it and thought it was the stupidest thing, but I tell you I curse every loaner and rental car for the lack of the Comfort Access feature . . .
      01-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

I'm also going to put in a pitch for the comfort access - probably one of the most useful and used options on any car I have owned!
      02-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
halohead52
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 TS w/Mojave

Garage List
2011 F25 28i  [0.00]
2006 E46 330 CiC  [0.00]
Watching production

Hi--new to this list. Has anyone who recently ordered the X3 been able to watch the production process via the website?

Any opinions on the Titanium Silver with Mojave interior? I ordered mine January 28th and still have time to change. I've never ordered a vehicle before, so the experience of making a color choice on a big ticket item is scarey.

Thanks for the observation about the smartphone integration!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I'm beginning to wish I had added the convenience package. I thought it might get confused when me and the wife both approached the car with our keys and then it set the driver seat and mirrors to her settings instead of mine but I read somewhere this doesn't happen, and that it only unlocks when you are right next to the door and uses these memory settings.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
Reecie
Rep
Drives: Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by halohead52 View Post
Any opinions on the Titanium Silver with Mojave interior? I ordered mine January 28th and still have time to change. I've never ordered a vehicle before, so the experience of making a color choice on a big ticket item is scarey.!
This link shows Havanna which is probably the same (just the European name) in a X3 in one of the silvers. Doesn't seem to get much love as a colour.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #11
maestroX2
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Hi--new to this list. Has anyone who recently ordered the X3 been able to watch the production process via the website?

Any opinions on the Titanium Silver with Mojave interior? I ordered mine January 28th and still have time to change. I've never ordered a vehicle before, so the experience of making a color choice on a big ticket item is scarey.

Thanks for the observation about the smartphone integration!
Yes, you can watch production process after completion. Right now, our X3 is at Preparation Center. I asked CA and he said, ETA to dealer is 2/16. We ordered Space Gray with Mojave leather.

Didn't know about comfort access. We ordered Convenience Package because we want Xenon, Power Tailgate and Rear Window Shade.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
congrats. i like the color choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #13
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

vid of deep sea blue

I found this vid of deep sea blue and thought you might like it - looks pretty good

02-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
...Has anyone who recently ordered the X3 been able to watch the production process via the website?
Not to sidetrack the thread, but:
My X3 35i was finished on Feb. 1 (7-weeks after order placement). Just got the email notice that the video was ready for viewing. The video is mostly the "stock" footage that has been on line since the Spartanburg plant started producing X3s with a few seconds of my actual car inserted. The inserts are the windshield being popped in place, the body and driveline being bolted together and the car being released from the production line carrier and being rolled out on it's own tires. Possibly 15 seconds of the 3.5-minute video is actually my car. The inserts are labeled with the elapsed time from the start of production, with my car taking "38 hours".

It's a nice souvenir of the production process, but shows far less of my actual car than I was expecting. 15 seconds of a 38 hour assembly really does not show very much. I did burn it to a DVD and will save it with the car's receipts and service records for the next owner.

Just received a call from my CA stating that my car is at the dealership, but since it's Saturday, they can't do the final checks and dealer prep. Have to wait until 2pm on Monday to pick it up. The video is nice, but I'd rather have the car!

Last edited by Lotus7; 02-05-2011 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0