BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
rmeir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

gas mileage on x3

I'm new here. I have seen a bunch of threads on gas mileage and break in etc. I just came from a toyata tundra, it got 10 mpg until it got to 30k miles and then got 14 like over night. break in might take longer with these vehicles than we think. Right now i got 6k on the x3 and get overall average 22, and sometimes 25 or so for a trip. That seems to be what the mfg suggests so I dont have a problem. I did put 89 octane in it a couple times and didnt really notice a big difference as Im told the computer adjusts for it but probably wont do that again, like others have stated its too big of a gamble. maybe after it gets 100,000 miles on it but right now no.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

with 300km on the car I'm getting about 20mpg 11.5L/100km.

In EcoPro mode I've seen real time display indicate 8 or 9 L/100km
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Mileage...

Baby now has just under 6,000 miles, I always use premium gas with an octaine of nothing less than 92. Around town, its a solid 22mpg. Highway - took a trip about 250 miles and I got a solid 29mpg. I tried everything to get it higher, but no matter, it still ended up being 29. I have the naturally aspirated 6 cylinder that is no longer available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeir View Post
I'm new here. I have seen a bunch of threads on gas mileage and break in etc. I just came from a toyata tundra, it got 10 mpg until it got to 30k miles and then got 14 like over night. break in might take longer with these vehicles than we think. Right now i got 6k on the x3 and get overall average 22, and sometimes 25 or so for a trip. That seems to be what the mfg suggests so I dont have a problem. I did put 89 octane in it a couple times and didnt really notice a big difference as Im told the computer adjusts for it but probably wont do that again, like others have stated its too big of a gamble. maybe after it gets 100,000 miles on it but right now no.
Attached Images