BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
andyoesq
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

radio settings question

Hi,
I have satellite, I don't have nav or the tech package.
When I am listening to the satellite radio through the radio / satellite radio, it shows the artist name and song name on the top of the screen, underneath which there is a list of all the channels.
However, if I access the satellite radio through the radio / presets menu, it does not display the song name and artist name on the top of the screen (can still get it if i click through "channel info").
If there any way to have it automatically display the song and artist name, if I access a satellite channel through the presets menu?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm not sure if you have this function without the tech pack/nav but if you have the ability to do split screen then you can get the right side of the screen to display the artist and name of the song. If you can do split screen pick the option to show "entertainment details," for radio it show the station, artist, then name of the song and if playing a source connected to the usb it'll show the album cover in addition to all the song details.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
andyoesq
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

unfortunately you can only do that with nav / tech. which is pretty beat, since it has nothing to do with either.
Appreciate 0