BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
ZipSpeed
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive35i

Rearview mirror slowly drooping

Just to clarify, the issue I'm having is not the exterior side mirrors but the center mirror looking back towards the tailgate window.

I would align the mirror to where it should be but over the course of a few days, the mirror will slowly droop. Eventually I would have to realign the mirror as I am unable to see out the bottom half of the window.

The obvious answer would be to take it to the dealer but before I do so, I thought I drop a query here and see if anyone has any suggestions for a simple fix. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed View Post
Just to clarify, the issue I'm having is not the exterior side mirrors but the center mirror looking back towards the tailgate window.

I would align the mirror to where it should be but over the course of a few days, the mirror will slowly droop. Eventually I would have to realign the mirror as I am unable to see out the bottom half of the window.

The obvious answer would be to take it to the dealer but before I do so, I thought I drop a query here and see if anyone has any suggestions for a simple fix. Thanks.
I glad you mentioned this. I have been continuously adjusting mine since I got the car thinking that it was me sitting in a different way.

Looks like the mirror is sloping off on its own accord.

Let me know how you get on resolving. It hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it at this stage.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
aw, you might want to get that fixed at a dealership ASAP before it becomes a road hazard, adjusting it everytime :X

Good Luck~
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Lodaka
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT

I would suggest taking the car to the dealership. Before you do, if you have homelink garage door option, check to see if you are applying too much pressure when you press the homelink garage door thing. If the mirror is too loose, maybe even slight pressure would tilt the mirror down. It could be a matter of tightening up whatever is holding it up.

The buttons are in an odd location...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodaka View Post
I would suggest taking the car to the dealership. Before you do, if you have homelink garage door option, check to see if you are applying too much pressure when you press the homelink garage door thing. If the mirror is too loose, maybe even slight pressure would tilt the mirror down. It could be a matter of tightening up whatever is holding it up.

The buttons are in an odd location...
I thought the same thing. So I started to push the button with my thumb and place the index finger on the top of the mirror. I thought maybe it was me sitting in a different position also. Wierd.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
AbsoLutBMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

I have my 2013 x3 on order I haven't gotten it yet but I currently have an 08 m3 and my mirror droops too. I have to adjust it back approx every 4-5 days.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
cwaturner
14 X3 xDrive 28i; 16 RX350 F-Sport AWD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 28i M-Sport

I have noticed this as well. I have to adjust it every couple of days. I guess I'll try and take it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
ZipSpeed
Private
Canada
Rep

Seems like these rear view mirrors are too heavy or the support in it is terrible! Thank you everyone for the input. Will bring it to the dealer first chance I get.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
alexg62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport

Wow and I thought I was crazy. The other day I adjusted the mirror and thought "didn't I just do this a week or so ago".
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
daninny
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

I don't think about this too much because my wife drives the X3 most of the time. Whenever I get in after her, I always have to adjust the mirror.
Anyway, I was just saying the other day about the terrible location of the HomeLink. My other cars have it on the front of the roof liner.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed View Post

Did you ever get this resolved?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
ZipSpeed
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth3685 View Post
Did you ever get this resolved?
Not yet, waiting until my next service which should be next month.
Appreciate 0