BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-10-2022, 11:56 AM   #1
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Interior cluster and idrive and headlights aftermarket upgrades

Hi
Keeping my car another 5 years (purchased 2014) or when electric cars can do 600+ miles for have only 42k miles.

Any experiences with the below 12” tablet styles or cluster and light upgrades.

For less than $2500 seems fair to modernise the interior and lights.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 07:45 AM   #2
Swaggywhitebeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i MSport

I would also like to know more as I plan on doing some of these upgrades.

The 12.3 inch android screen looks great! You can retain the original idrive and access the new android auto. To my understanding the android auto uses the AUX port for audio which I am not crazy about, but many people are still satisfied with the way it sounds and said they could barely tell a difference from the reviews I read and videos I watched.

I actually just want the bigger 12.3 inch screen to use OEM idrive but I'm not sure if that option exist - every screen that size I have seen includes RAM, Storage, Processor, and Android Auto Software driving up the price up with all the new added features. the features probably modernize the vehicle, and the screen size is closer to newer vehicles I will def. be doing this upgrade.

The Digital Cluster looks great! It is not compatible with my X3 because I have the HUD. Some of the videos I saw included claims that the speedometer was not accurate (huge pass) and the model car on the dashboard was incorrect (different BMW even a Sedan) while other reviews said everything was great. I would like to know more about this one.

I really want the combo to update the interior.

The new headlights look great as well! I think someone got them here on the forum and really liked them. I would prefer upgraded taillights - as far as I know there are no aftermarket options for taillights for the X3 F25 and 26.

The 6WB cluster is the way to go, but you have to get the cluster Virginized? or something? If the miles are higher than your vehicle miles? Plus, it is not Fully digital so at that price for everything all in - I can't rock with it unless someone has a deal, they wany to pass on to me!

Would love to see more pics and details as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 05:42 AM   #3
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggywhitebeamer View Post
I would also like to know more as I plan on doing some of these upgrades.

The 12.3 inch android screen looks great! You can retain the original idrive and access the new android auto. To my understanding the android auto uses the AUX port for audio which I am not crazy about, but many people are still satisfied with the way it sounds and said they could barely tell a difference from the reviews I read and videos I watched.

I actually just want the bigger 12.3 inch screen to use OEM idrive but I'm not sure if that option exist - every screen that size I have seen includes RAM, Storage, Processor, and Android Auto Software driving up the price up with all the new added features. the features probably modernize the vehicle, and the screen size is closer to newer vehicles I will def. be doing this upgrade.

The Digital Cluster looks great! It is not compatible with my X3 because I have the HUD. Some of the videos I saw included claims that the speedometer was not accurate (huge pass) and the model car on the dashboard was incorrect (different BMW even a Sedan) while other reviews said everything was great. I would like to know more about this one.

I really want the combo to update the interior.

The new headlights look great as well! I think someone got them here on the forum and really liked them. I would prefer upgraded taillights - as far as I know there are no aftermarket options for taillights for the X3 F25 and 26.

The 6WB cluster is the way to go, but you have to get the cluster Virginized? or something? If the miles are higher than your vehicle miles? Plus, it is not Fully digital so at that price for everything all in - I can't rock with it unless someone has a deal, they wany to pass on to me!

Would love to see more pics and details as well.
These guys in Canada seem to have this down and options you are looking at, haven’t used them for waiting for Black Friday

https://4x4shop.ca/product-category/...mw/x3-oem-bmw/
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 04:20 PM   #4
n00bisch
Rep
Drives: F25 35D M-Sport

Quote:
I would prefer upgraded taillights - as far as I know there are no aftermarket options for taillights for the X3 F25 and 26.
Now there is. Available for pre-order:

AKD Car Styling Tail Lamp for BMW X3 Tail Lights 2010-2017 F25 LED Tail Light Rear Lamp Signal Reverse Automotive Accessories

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EIT2AVT
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
Swaggywhitebeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i MSport

Nice find n00bisch! Price is a little steep but I will be getting these and posting details! thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 09:22 PM   #6
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nice find n00bisch! Price is a little steep but I will be getting these and posting details! thanks
Looking forward, wish they had an X4 one too.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 05:00 AM   #7
n00bisch
Rep
Drives: F25 35D M-Sport

Quote:
I didnt pre order mine yet, I'm hoping the price will drop on black friday
F25 X3 35D M-Sport | Carbon Black | SA710 M-Sport Sterring Wheel | 6WB Cluster | EVO ID6 | 10.25" Touch | Remus Duplex Exhaust | Alpina XD3 Rear Diffusor | Alpina XD3 Front Spoiler | Summer 20" MAK Fahr Gun | Winter 19" M369
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 08:40 PM   #8
IamNwB
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X4, SEAT Ibiza FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimar View Post
Looking forward, wish they had an X4 one too.
Me too
Appreciate 0