BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
picho21
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 30d, 2011 E92 335i

Garage List
2012 F25 X3 30d gear selection failure

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Back in march i bought an X3 for my wife and now the car has 10,000 km on the it. We have had a few problems with the gear leaver, the problem has happened 3 times in 10,000 km, and i was wondering if anyone has had this issue on their car, because the dealer can't seem to fix it. The problem has happend randomly whenever I try to downshift, the message in the pictures is in spanish but it basically says that there's a problem with the gear selection leaver and the downshits or upshifts can't be performed at this time. Whenever this happens thegearbox gets stuck on drive and you can carry on driving the car normally but it doesn't allow you to place it on P or N nor R. The problem has been solved everytime by switching the car off and waiting a couple of minutes. When you turn the car back on everything functions normally again and there doesnt seem to be any issue with the gearbox, since all the shifts are smooth. As you can immagine I'm getting really annoyed by this and I'm ready to return the car and get something else, but I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue and if they were able to solve it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0