BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-21-2024, 08:31 PM   #1
mtdavis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Just Purchased a Used 2014 X3 (Bad Head Unit?)

I recently bought a used X3 from a local dealership. The car is in good mechanical condition. However, I've encountered issues with setting the time and date, and the heads-up display is not functioning.

I took the car back to the dealer to have the battery coded, but they informed me that the head unit needs to be replaced. Despite this, the radio, XM radio, and digital display are all working perfectly.

Could the problem really be with the head unit, even though everything else seems to be functioning well?

The dealer said that it couldn't communicate with the instrument cluster and was unable to do any additional programming as a result.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 09:12 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Welcome to the forum...
Check the connections between the HU/cluster/HUD, maybe someone was in there and the connectors were not completely seated. Use ista+ and e-sys for further diagnoses.
Hold on, shouldn't the dealer you purchased it from get everything working for you?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 07:46 AM   #3
mtdavis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I didn't purchase it from a BMW dealer. It was just a local used car dealership.

I'll check the connection; I've replaced radios and other car modules in other cars before, so I feel comfortable doing that. Would a bad head unit also cause the time and date not to set?

Where could I get the ista+ and e-sys software from? I've googled a for it, and it seems like there are a few sites, but I'm not sure which ones are good!
Appreciate 0