BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Looks very good.... I like this part of your review:

"Another way which I have not seen mentioned here is to turn the steering wheel ever so slightly to the right or left in which case the vehicle will restart. This is pretty neat in that you can keep you foot on the brake and restart the vehicle in anticipation of a rapid jump start for whatever reason." sounds like you're gearing up for some torque-brake launches...

Something has always bothered me about the foglight placement on F25. It makes it kind of "cute" instead of mean. But lovely car nonetheless.
      04-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #24
535MSport
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 MSport 535- on the way

Interesting tib bit I learned about the fog

Their placement is different than on earlier models. Take the 06 in my side by side photo, they were a pain as they were low, subject to rocks, and recessed. Water, dirt and bugs collected there and it is a real pain to clean and wax.

I just learned that the fogs have an adaptive lighting feature and work with the with the Xenons. When you turn the wheel to the left, the left fog light comes on. When you turn the wheel to the right, the right fog light comes on (Helps illuminate the corner/bend you are turning into). The fog lights also come on when you put it in reverse and turn off when you go forward.
Appreciate 0