BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-25-2021, 12:11 AM   #23
jeffcck
Enjoying Everyday Life ~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

I have the same issue on my F15 X5, but it goes off randomly when it's warmer. The dealership recommended replacing the roof functions module, but they were not sure if that is going to fix it. It's about $1,400
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #24
94vtirozguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 F25 (N20)

how can they recommend something if they dont know it will fix it ?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 02:21 AM   #25
Bataleon
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

This just started happening to me about an hour ago. 2020 X3 M40i. Sitting in my office working, look up at my cameras and see my lights flashing. No alarm, just lights. The alarm did go off, but only for a few seconds. Followed by lights. I reset the car alarm via FOB, Checked the footage, and saw nothing.

This time unmuted the camera audio. About 45 minutes later, Alarm goes off, lights blinking. I heard it right away and reset.

It's really hot out here in California and has been for over a week with no issues. Only difference now is a tropical storm has rolled into the area and its been raining. Will check for rogue mouse though.

Nothing valuable in the car so I might just keep the car unlocked for the night.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 11:53 AM   #26
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bataleon View Post
This just started happening to me about an hour ago. 2020 X3 M40i. Sitting in my office working, look up at my cameras and see my lights flashing. No alarm, just lights. The alarm did go off, but only for a few seconds. Followed by lights. I reset the car alarm via FOB, Checked the footage, and saw nothing.
Just curious…do you have anything plugged into the OBD II port? If you do, that has been known to cause issues like alarms going off.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 03:52 PM   #27
Dymaxion
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Mice

Happened to me also but it was a mouse. Since then I push the recirculate air button to keep them out of the car when parked. Lately though I have been coming back to the car and randomly, the recirculate is no longer lit. Maybe if I open the tailgate after getting out it opens the vent?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 01:34 PM   #28
Bataleon
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Just curious…do you have anything plugged into the OBD II port? If you do, that has been known to cause issues like alarms going off.
Hey! Bit late but yes, in fact I did have a BT OBD2 adapter plugged in. For the entire time I had my X3.

But that was the first time that happened. No matter now. I turned in the 2020 and my 2023 X3 M40i is being built now.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 12:21 PM   #29
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' 330i xdrive M Sport Shadow

Im switching out the alarm siren and tilt sensor module today. Siren alarm was just delivered. My alarm got to the point where the alarm would go off as soon as I unlocked the car. I’ll let you guys know if this fixed it. Was having the same codes as everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 03:06 PM   #30
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

It was indeed the alarm siren module. The internal battery was dead. Install solved the issue and all codes with SINE and roof center are gone. Even coded in the Euro alarm sounds and lock/unlock
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 08:40 PM   #31
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In regards to the alarm going off randomly...the list of fault codes you gave the SINE fault code would be the one related to the alarm.
(SINE = emergency power siren and tilt sensor)
Here's a direct link to the TIS that explains the SINE (interior motion sensor): https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...right/HI6lx4TC

Are you leaving any windows or sunroof open while the car is parked & locked?

BTW, I don't follow the X3 that much so I'm not that familiar with the engine nomenclature vs the model/engine suffix...since you don't indicate which model X3 you have...you can click the HOME (at the top left of the TIS website) and select the correct X3 model...or use the last 7 digits of your VIN...this will set the TIS site to give links/results based on your VIN or model. You can then type SINE into the search box and it will list the correct info for your model X3.
That link you posted is no longer accessible. What would leaving the sunroof open with the car locked and alarm active result in? I just dealt with this same code and wonder if this is what caused me to have to replace the siren battery as I happen to leave my sunroof tilted pretty often.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 04:23 PM   #32
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfb8d View Post
That link you posted is no longer accessible. What would leaving the sunroof open with the car locked and alarm active result in? I just dealt with this same code and wonder if this is what caused me to have to replace the siren battery as I happen to leave my sunroof tilted pretty often.
The car has IMS (interior motion sensors). So if you leave the sunroof open...if something makes its way into the interior of the cabin (a leaf, a flying insect, someone's hand, etc)...this can set off the car's alarm.
Microwave sensor

The anti-theft alarm system detects and indicates attempted intrusions and manipulation on the vehicle.

For the first time, the software for the alarm system and tilt sensor has been integrated into the emergency power siren (SINE = emergency power siren and tilt sensor). The SINE siren with tilt-alarm sensor is thus a control unit.

The passenger compartment is monitored using microwave sensors. Advantage: Microwave sensors can be hidden. Interior monitoring works also with open side windows, for example.

Functional description

2 microwave sensors are installed on the interior door panels on driver and front passenger sides. 2 additional microwave sensors are mounted on the insides of the rear sections of the side panel.

The microwave sensors monitor the passenger compartment. Movement is detected if the reflection (echo) of the microwave changes. The sensitivity of the microwave sensors is adapted to various conditions (e.g. vehicle type, installation location of the microwave sensors).

Item Explanation
1 Microwave sensor
2 4‐pin plug connection
The microwave sensor is a motion detector. The microwave sensor detects any motion in any part of the vehicle's interior while also monitoring its direction (distance increases or declines).

3 seconds after the last door or lid closes, the microwave sensors initiate their reference run. The passenger compartment is scanned during the reference run. That enables changes in the passenger compartment to be detected (e.g. objects left lying on the rear seat). A self-test monitors that the microwave sensors operate correctly. 20 seconds after this reference run starts, the microwave sensors are operational.

The microwave sensors operate in a frequency range of approx. 2.5 GHz. These microwave sensors employ the Doppler effect (Christian Doppler 1803-1853) to generate the alarm trigger signal.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 07:32 PM   #33
Halfb8d
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The car has IMS (interior motion sensors). So if you leave the sunroof open...if something makes its way into the interior of the cabin (a leaf, a flying insect, someone's hand, etc)...this can set off the car's alarm.
Microwave sensor

The anti-theft alarm system detects and indicates attempted intrusions and manipulation on the vehicle.

For the first time, the software for the alarm system and tilt sensor has been integrated into the emergency power siren (SINE = emergency power siren and tilt sensor). The SINE siren with tilt-alarm sensor is thus a control unit.

The passenger compartment is monitored using microwave sensors. Advantage: Microwave sensors can be hidden. Interior monitoring works also with open side windows, for example.

Functional description

2 microwave sensors are installed on the interior door panels on driver and front passenger sides. 2 additional microwave sensors are mounted on the insides of the rear sections of the side panel.

The microwave sensors monitor the passenger compartment. Movement is detected if the reflection (echo) of the microwave changes. The sensitivity of the microwave sensors is adapted to various conditions (e.g. vehicle type, installation location of the microwave sensors).

Item Explanation
1 Microwave sensor
2 4‐pin plug connection
The microwave sensor is a motion detector. The microwave sensor detects any motion in any part of the vehicle's interior while also monitoring its direction (distance increases or declines).

3 seconds after the last door or lid closes, the microwave sensors initiate their reference run. The passenger compartment is scanned during the reference run. That enables changes in the passenger compartment to be detected (e.g. objects left lying on the rear seat). A self-test monitors that the microwave sensors operate correctly. 20 seconds after this reference run starts, the microwave sensors are operational.

The microwave sensors operate in a frequency range of approx. 2.5 GHz. These microwave sensors employ the Doppler effect (Christian Doppler 1803-1853) to generate the alarm trigger signal.

Oh I see. Thanks for this. Seems mine was just dying but this info is good to know.
Appreciate 0