BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Benz-n-Bimmers
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i Vermillion Red

Got an email about $500 gift card.

Hi all,
I got an email from BMW offering a X3 driving event at a local dealership and if I attend and buy an X3 by June 30 I get a $500 gift card toward BMW accessories.
I have ordered an X3 from another local dealer already and it's due sometime toward the end of March.
Now, my question is, can I get the gift card from the dealer I ordered the car from if I go to this driving event at the other dealership?
Or does it have to be ordered from the dealership that sent the email and is hosting the event?
Do you think the dealer I ordered from can get me this gift card?
We going to buy roof rails for the car so we could use this card.
What say you--any input from other owners?
Thanks

2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz-n-Bimmers View Post
Hi all,
I got an email from BMW offering a X3 driving event at a local dealership and if I attend and buy an X3 by June 30 I get a $500 gift card toward BMW accessories.
I have ordered an X3 from another local dealer already and it's due sometime toward the end of March.
Now, my question is, can I get the gift card from the dealer I ordered the car from if I go to this driving event at the other dealership?
Or does it have to be ordered from the dealership that sent the email and is hosting the event?
Thanks
Short version: Go to the dealership on the event date. Fill out a registration form, sign a waiver, show them your license, watch a little AWD demo where the Lexus fails to get off of three rollers, drive the cars, answer the survey, and you're done. They will email the details of the $500 offer to you.

During the shopping phase, I stopped at three different dealers. Made a deal with one and emailed the other two to save further electrons being sacrificed ...
One of those two mailed me a invitation card for their event.

Also got an invitation from the dealer I ordered from and went to that event today. CA advised that I not mention anything about having ordered one already. Invitation card wasn't asked for. They did look my name up in their computer, though.
Drove the Lexus 350 and the 3.5i. (Even had a little bit of fun with a 2011 Camero SS with the BMW from the stoplight, but could only keep up, not overtake. )
Got a coffee mug and was told there would be an email with the details of the $500 accessory deal coming soon. Fairly low key aside from the sales pitch at the beginning (but you supposedly haven't decided yet). The guys presenting this whole thing aren't part of the dealership, but an independent marketing company contracted to BMW. Filled out the survey form to make them happy (checked satisfied on all questions, basically giving them all 10's), and was done.
Nothing about buying a car in any discussion with anyone.
No one goes with you on the demo drives. You're on your own on a pretty short route (< 4 miles). Will advise when I get that email.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

I picked my car up last week and I plan on attending the event next week. We'll see what comes of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
squeaky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

The e-mail I received -- for the certificate, not the event -- says that the certificate must be redeemed where the vehicle is purchased. Since it comes from BMWNA directly, where you participated in the event is irrelevant. So, yes I believe the dealer you ordered from will honor the certificate.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
mccun934
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
I picked my car up last week and I plan on attending the event next week. We'll see what comes of it.
where is it happening in the Portland area? I wouldn't mind a $500 gift card
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
nick776
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

I took delivery of my X3 on February 10. I did the driving event on February 25 (already had the car two weeks). I got the $500.00 gift card day before yesterday. So, it does not matter that you already have an X3 or that you have ordered one. All you have to do is participate in the program and then your dealer verifies that you actually bought an X3. When I got to the program, I did not tell them I already had the car (BMW USA sent in a special team to my dealer to handle the event). I told my CA and GM to pretend to not know me, so nobody got suspicious. It all worked out and I got the $$$
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz-n-Bimmers View Post
Hi all,
Thanks
My dealer mentioned that the roof rails are very much integrated with the body in the new X3, hence if you need to add the roofrails once it is delivered its going to cost you much more than you actually think. He mentioned installation cost might be 2 or 3 times of the actual price of the roof rails itself. With that I thought its better to add them during build itself since I paid only invoice for the same ($230). I have also placed my order with another dealership, but going for the drive event on a different dealership, my event happens on April 2nd week, but my car will be delivered on March 3rd or 4th week, so I am just going to go and drive and comeback like other members suggested. I think this thread will be popular until we hear from somebody on how it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
Benz-n-Bimmers
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i Vermillion Red

Thanks for the info guys.
I'll email me SA and see what he thinks too.
WINNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk5 View Post
My dealer mentioned that the roof rails are very much integrated with the body in the new X3, hence if you need to add the roofrails once it is delivered its going to cost you much more than you actually think. He mentioned installation cost might be 2 or 3 times of the actual price of the roof rails itself. With that I thought its better to add them during build itself since I paid only invoice for the same ($230). I have also placed my order with another dealership, but going for the drive event on a different dealership, my event happens on April 2nd week, but my car will be delivered on March 3rd or 4th week, so I am just going to go and drive and comeback like other members suggested. I think this thread will be popular until we hear from somebody on how it works.
I was actually referring to the cross bars, I did order the vehicle with the rails.
To attach my luggage box I need the cross rails--I hope that makes sense

2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

I registered on-line for the event today to be held at my dealership on Monday and certainly could use the $500 for accessories (hitch,etc.). I wondered about pulling up in my new X-3 and many need to park elsewhere??
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

Well I attended the event,filled out the forms,did the test drive,watched the demos,etc. and got nothing but a coffee mug. I pulled on the lot and quietly parked in a spot but obviously they were watching me. I didn't lie about having a X3 when asked and inquired about when I would receive the gift card and they said basically "too bad,so sad!" You would think it was coming out of their pockets. I have already purchased cross bars,mud flaps,wind deflectors and am awaiting a hitch.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1 View Post
Well I attended the event,filled out the forms,did the test drive,watched the demos,etc. and got nothing but a coffee mug. I pulled on the lot and quietly parked in a spot but obviously they were watching me. I didn't lie about having a X3 when asked and inquired about when I would receive the gift card and they said basically "too bad,so sad!" You would think it was coming out of their pockets. I have already purchased cross bars,mud flaps,wind deflectors and am awaiting a hitch.
Good to know. I'm going next week. Guess I'll be taking my wife's car.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Okay, so I went to the event this week and filled all the paperwork, when should I be expecting the $500 giftcard?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
Okay, so I went to the event this week and filled all the paperwork, when should I be expecting the $500 giftcard?
What kind of paperwork did you have to fill out?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #14
flash3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Name. Addy. Email. Interested model. Current vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Name. Addy. Email. Interested model. Current vehicle.
What did you say your current vehicle was?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #16
flash3
Captain
Rep

What I drive now, my Corolla. I will be ordering my X3 mid-April.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #17
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep

I rode the K1300 over there, so with the M/C gear, they didn't ask how I got there. But, the CA told me in advance of registration to not mention I already had one on order.

That's not to say that they haven't matched up the email address I have for the BMWUSA web page (where you can see I've got one on order) with the same one I registered with. May have screwed the pooch with that minor detail. So far, no email received with the $500.00 in accessories offer ...

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

I got the email, after I had placed the order. Talked to my CA at the dealer, she said "I dont know why you wouldnt qualify blah blah blah." Signed up for the local event did all that was requied, went and picked up my X3 a couple days later, and the $500 is a NO GO they said today. According to them... they contacted BMWNA and delivery must take place before June 30th (i think she said) and purchase must have taken place AFTER the date of the event you attended...so such is life. Would have been nice seeing how the mud guards I want to order were $130 and they want to charge over $300 in labor to install them. Ridiculous!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #19
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
I got the email, after I had placed the order. Talked to my CA at the dealer, she said "I dont know why you wouldnt qualify blah blah blah." Signed up for the local event did all that was requied, went and picked up my X3 a couple days later, and the $500 is a NO GO they said today. According to them... they contacted BMWNA and delivery must take place before June 30th (i think she said) and purchase must have taken place AFTER the date of the event you attended...so such is life. Would have been nice seeing how the mud guards I want to order were $130 and they want to charge over $300 in labor to install them. Ridiculous!
Got the certificate today ...
Quote:
$500 X3 Accessory Incentive Certificate is non-transferable, and can be redeemed only by the participant who attended The BMW X3 Difference Event. Accessory Incentive Certificate is valid with the purchase or lease of a 2011 model year X3, from the day of event attendance through June 30, 2011. The $500 Accessory Incentive Certificate is valid for a one-time use only. It must be presented and redeemed at the BMW SAV center where the new X3 vehicle was purchased, and can be applied to up to $500 of select Original BMW Accessories, excluding labor and taxes. Offer is valid for new vehicle purchase only. Offer is not valid for the purchase of BMW NA Company Vehicles, retired loaner vehicles, EPP vehicles, Center Employee Leases or European Delivery vehicles. Only one offer per household or per vehicle may be redeemed. Certificate is not redeemable for cash. Please see your authorized BMW SAV center for complete list of eligible BMW X3 accessories.
So, from what I read, you picked up the X3 (purchased it) a couple of days after the event. Why wouldn't you be eligible? (Or, I'm missing something).

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel View Post
Got the certificate today ...
So, from what I read, you picked up the X3 (purchased it) a couple of days after the event. Why wouldn't you be eligible? (Or, I'm missing something).
I think where they got me was the word "purchase". Since I took performance delivery I actually finalized the paperwork on my "purchase" about a week before the event. Did the event and then the picked it up in Spartanburg a couple days later. Picked it up after, purchased prior though. Technicality. Congrats on your certificate though.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #21
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

So I emailed my BMW dealer in Buffalo, inquiring about the X3 driving experience and $500 gift card since a lot of you were doing it in different parts of the country, and she replied back that they are having one March 24th and I will qualify since my X3 is still on order and I will take delivery before June 30th. Thanks everyone! This forum just got me $500 to blow on accessories!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #22
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep

I'm still going on Tuesday. Maybe I'll be able to pull it off and get the $500. Not likely, but worth a shot. At least I'll get a mug out of it.
Appreciate 0