BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-04-2016, 04:04 AM   #1
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

2016 emergency tyre kit

Does anyone have the latest version,with a compressor with integrated gunk? What happens if you have a puncture and use the slime to fix it?
Is the kit rendered useless, or can you buy another gunk bottle, to replace the used one?
Seeing prices around the £100 mark, which seems excessive if it's a 1 shot deal
      05-04-2016, 05:21 AM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Given that most people are carrying these kits for emergency use, why spend a lot on the manufacturers kits.

There are many using the Continental kits. See...

Bmw X3 2010 on Continental Compressor and Tyre Sealant Kit - Extra 560ml Sealant Cartridge
Delivery options - Free and express
Only £ 22.95 including VAT and Free UK Delivery

Original Equipment product from Continental.
Available as a Compressor and Sealant Kit or spare 560ml Sealant Cartridge.
Excellent value for money compared with Car Manufacturers prices.
Description
Available for Bmw X3 2010 on in extra-560ml-sealant-cartridge fitting, the New Continental ContiComfortKit Compressor and Tyre Sealant Kit is the handy breakdown kit for car drivers that quickly and reliably restores mobility in the case of a tyre puncture.

Made by Continental Tyres, the Kit seals and repairs tyre punctures quickly and easily at the touch of a button. Ideal for cars and vans not fitted with a standard spare wheel and tyre, the Continental ContiComfortKit is essential in an emergency to repair a puncture at the side of a road with speed and ease.

The ContiCareKit is ideal to repair all types of puncture, especially from nails and thorns, and comes complete with a 12 volt compressor and liquid sealant, all neatly packed for easy storage in your car boot.

The 12 volt compressor has a backlit display and illuminated tyre pressure gauge to assist you in dark and unlit conditions. The design is simple and easy to use with simple instructions provided.

Having the Continental Conti Comfort Kit on board will mean that you will no longer require a spare wheel and tyre, so saving you up to 18kg weight and saving you much needed boot space.

The Dimensions for the Continental ContiComfortKit are: 180 x 249 x 95 mm, and only 2.3kg in weight.

Available as a Kit with 12v Tyre Compressor and 560ml Sealant cartridge, including instructions and connectors.

Extra 560ml Sealant Cartridges also available which includes the connector. (Suitable for use with the ContiMobilityKit fitted to new Ford, Volvo and Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Renault vehicles). Sealant Expiry date: July 2019

http://www.care4car.com/bmw/x3-2010-...B#.VynMpIQrLCM
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #3
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

I have Slime Smart: slime and compressor bought at Amazon.UK for £25 incl. trp.
Luckily no experience. Slime only for £12.

Other similar products on Amazon.

Tyre-Sealent - also on Amazon- has a product for pre-treatment of tyre, with slime/gunk. Will not get old, but active if puncture!? Similar to what is claimed for the upcoming version of Hankook Ventus S1 evo-2.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

I forgot to say in my previous post the cost of the continental kit is:

£22.95 including vat. Free delivery.

Ahhh...edit, I see it is in the information given above in my post. Sorry for repeating.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

Thanks guys. Much appreciated :-)
Appreciate 0