BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #45
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
I believe it does. Because the M Sport package includes "Sports Suspension Delete", implying that ZSP would include it. M Pack removes it because it includes DDS.
No, not in the USA. It's a "Sport activity package", and there's no sport suspension.
      04-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #46
Neo-Orpheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Astra

With the Xenons, does it come with the headlight washers or do you need to order this option separately. The descripton for the Xenons says headlight washers come with it.

I also test drove a 20d with HUD and it's fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #47
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Orpheus View Post
With the Xenons, does it come with the headlight washers or do you need to order this option separately. The descripton for the Xenons says headlight washers come with it.
I was wondering this myself (probably another prinintg error)!

I have xenons but havent needed to use the washer wipers yet and with a freshly cleaned car cannot possibly go outside and check because of the damn water marks

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:53 AM   #48
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Dunno if the headlight washers are included with the xenons but tbh it's no great lost if they aren't part of the package and you certainly shouldn't waste money on them as a seperate option. I used to have them on my E350 and they were pretty useless, all they do is give the placebo effect of helping in heavy snow.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 02:49 AM   #49
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Yes they are *

* except Canada

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #50
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Yes they are *

* except Canada
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #51
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Yes they are
Weather been too good to try them out

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #52
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth12468 View Post
I wouldn't worry about no headlight washers. I have had them several times, and they are, IMO, pretty useless. They really don't clear off the headlights very well. I could care less if I ever have them again, sounds good in theory, in practice, works not so well (sic). Just my opinion.
      04-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #53
Upgrade15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 White X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Okay, so you're a lady who is interested in buying an X3, and it's your first BMW.... usually I avoid threads that ask "what's best" for the reaons others have posted - but I think I can offer a little advice that might be of some value.

My wife and I have owned 4 BMWs so far (also shopping the X3 which will be our fifth). Some are her primary and some are my primary, but we try to buy them so that we are both happy with them. We currently have a 3 Series sedan (my primary) and an X5 (her primary). Apart from size and other little things, the X5 and X3 are the same type vehicle, so I can tell you what my wife likes most about it, and what she doesn't really care about, etc.

-Comfort access: you don't have to fish for your keys to open or lock the car. Convinient for us all, but women tend to have more in their hands most of the time. She likes this a lot.
-Heated seats: unless you live in the south, you'll want this.
-Premium Package: this is the "must have". In our opinion all BMWs are baselined with this package. It includes the garage door opener, BMW Assist, Bluetooth, folding mirrors, etc.
-Sports package: most women couldn't care less. Nicer wheels, thicker steering wheel, stiffer suspension, sport seats. For me it is a must have but my wife can take it or leave it. She does like the sports seats better than the regular, but she'd live without them.
-Navigation: initially she didn't care about such tech things, but just recently she remarked "once you have navigation you'll never want a car without it".
-Power tailgate: A big yes. I like it, but my wife loves it.
-Premium sound: No way. I love it, but most women couldn't care less.
-Cold weather package is good if you want the heated rear seats (kids or other frequent passengers would appreciate it). Heated front seats mentioned above can be had separately, as can the heated steering wheel. Just getting those two as stand alone options is much cheaper than the package if you don't want the heated rears. The headlight washers are fine if they are free, but I don't think they add "need them" value.
-Satelite radio (Sirus): my wife loves it. She'd be pissed if that went away.

Hope that helps some. Good luck with your choices.
Lots of useful info here, thanks. I think I'm narrowing it down. I'm still on the fence about the color and the engine, but need to decide quickly.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #54
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
MrsAdams2007 have you found a good dealship to work with after all the crap you went through? When are you placing your order? I just sold my '09 Murano on Craigs list so I HAVE to get my order placed ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #55
Upgrade15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 White X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
MrsAdams2007 have you found a good dealship to work with after all the crap you went through? When are you placing your order? I just sold my '09 Murano on Craigs list so I HAVE to get my order placed ASAP!
I actually went back to the first dealership only because it's the closest to me. They are kind of leaving me alone until I decide what I want. My husband is waiting for me...somewhat impatiently...to make up my mind on the engine. I'm torn, but now leaning more towards the 28i, but wondering with the change to the i4 later in the year if it will make me feel like I've missed an 'upgrade'...although I know the difference between 4 and 6 cylinders, I'm not sure what the turbo will do for that...anyway, I'm growing weary over my choices and need to just make a decision! I also wish I could get better wheels with the 28i without the sport package! I want jet black, but do not like the aluminum trim around the windows---it's a deal breaker for me. It's left me a bit stumped. WAY OT! lol
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #56
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
I wouldn't worry about no headlight washers. I have had them several times, and they are, IMO, pretty useless. They really don't clear off the headlights very well. I could care less if I ever have them again, sounds good in theory, in practice, works not so well (sic). Just my opinion.
I'm not worry about the washers..... I just wounder why Canadian has less options.....
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #57
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

The world is out to get Canada, obviously . . .
      04-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #58
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Not out to get Canada at all , but we do have fewer free-standing options it seems, and more that are part of "packages" where you have to take a, b, c, and d to get e. I suspect it's because we are a much smaller market than the US, ie. about 1/10 the size. I assume Australia has the same problem; and theirs is compounded by a much higher pricing structure for BMWs than Canada has. Other than the US, I think Canada's prices are second lowest (but I could be wrong about that, not positive).
      04-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #59
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

It's packages here in the US on this one, too. Nothing like ordering a 3er in Germany with all the individual choices.
      04-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #60
iFroze
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Folding outside mirrors and electric seats are standard in Canada, not anywhere else as far as I can tell.

And I would take Canadian packages instead of European individual options any day when I see these huge difference in the final prices.
Also, if I had both choices 35i and 30d, personally I would still take 35i any day over diesel (loud, smell, canadian oil much cheaper than in EU).

I'm glad everyone is happy with what they got.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #61
RustMonkey
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 20d M Sport

This is simply my opinion and as they say, opinions are like ass holes - everyone has one!

My choice was between a Q5, X3 and Evoque.

The Audi demonstrator was manual stick shift and was just like driving my GT Golf Tdi PD130. This is not a slight on Audi, in fact it's quite a compliment for a large(ish) car but I was looking for a change. On the upside, it was fitted with super sexy sounds (courtesy of Messrs Harmon Kardon I believe); which impressed very much.

The Beemer Main Stealer let me out in a bog standard X3 which did have an auto box. The gearbox sold me but the sounds were like someone had caught and trapped a tom cat and fixed a set of mole-grips to his bollox. The Cockney Wideboy masquerading as a "Sales Advisor" disputed this fact, but judging by his fashionista demeanour and the amount of wet-look hair gel he had on; his senses are obviously severely impaired!

I didn't bother visiting the Landy showroom. The prospect of three flavours of Main Stealer in one day was just waaaaay to much.

I was able to arrange a second test drive for the sensible one in the relationship, but this turned out to be a manual stick shift. It was a poor drive - possibly acceptable if it is someone else's money and you are a badge queen, but not really an option for serious consideration!

I don't know what I would have bought if the Audi Stealer had let me loose in a auto and the Beemer Stealer had originally sent me out in a manual. I think Be-Em-Double-Yooo know which side their bread is buttered on and Audi-boy lacked a little commercial nouce.

Thus, my recommendation for "must have" choice of toys is:
  1. Auto gearbox
  2. Professional Loudspeakers
  3. Professional Media
The toy most talked about and admired by passengers is the rear facing camera with top view. The high speed ride quality is simply taken for granted.

I do have pretty much all the other toys apart from the Variable Damper & Variable Steering. 16k miles later I wish I'd flexed these too as I'm doing lots of long distance trips. However, at the time £45k was plenty and would have left me unable to get the sensible one a new pair of Louboutins.

Now, I really like my car, but you need to know that the auto anti-glare mirrors don't work, or if they do its not effective, and the RFT system is a fatally flawed concept, but these are other threads. Additionally, the published fuel economy figures are a work of fiction worthy of JK Rowling or JRR Tolkien, i.e. pure fantasy!

Conclusion: Load up your car with as many toys as you can afford then, on account of the new generation of Bosch ECUs having hardware protection and thus being impossible to re-map without physical intervention, fit the best quality tuning box you can get your hands on. Some friends tell me these devices can transform simply evil into the devil incarnate.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #62
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

@RustMonkey: I agree with most of the points you've raised but you ought to get the dealer to look at your mirrors as mine dim when headlights are presented and the effect is very obvious. Someone else posted a similar problem with them not working recently

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #63
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

The dimming mirrors don't work that well on the MY2013.

I think BMW adjusted the dimming per cent based on recent concerns that the mirrors were too dark.

Quote:
@RustMonkey: I agree with most of the points you've raised but you ought to get the dealer to look at your mirrors as mine dim when headlights are presented and the effect is very obvious. Someone else posted a similar problem with them not working recently
      12-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #64
X3emist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M/Sport

You got in dead on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
-Sport Package
-Dynamic Handling Package

that's all
aero pkg as well
      12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #65
rmeir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

must have? upgraded radio
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #66
MCoen
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Waiting on my X3 being delivered in January. its going to be the nex sDrive18D. I know its not really a X3 but its a company car so we cannot lease 4x4. this one was the same budget for me as the new 320D touring. so had to go for performance or capacity, the trunk of the X3 is quite a lot bigger than the 3 touring so went for the X3.

my options:
heated seating
Park Distance Control
Professional radio
music connection for smartphones (want to play music from my iphone)
towbar
darker rear windows

One thing I regret not have added as an option are the Xenons but it was either the Xenons or the towbar to stay within budget so went for the towbar
Appreciate 0