BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Thanks Rodion - your descriptions of what features the F25 has with the manual gearbox are really welcome.

'From my experience: the manual gearbox is very well designed together with all "invisible" functions that are not advertised. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.'

Being cynical - do BMW want to hide some of these features to encourage sales of the auto?

My panic on this matter is officially over!

Cheers
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #24
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am36 View Post
Being cynical - do BMW want to hide some of these features to encourage sales of the auto?
Maybe they want to promote automatic gearbox because they make more money with it. Or keeping some things hidden, buyer is positively surprised.

Or maybe e.g. the crawling with manual gearbox without pressing accelerator is just standard for X-series BMWs and everybody knows it (besides me before, as this was my first BMW X).
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #25
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

Yes my E83 one will do that, but it won't crawl much. You've got to apply acceleration if you want to really move anywhere.

After having the manual in ours, i'd definitely strongly consider the Auto in a F25. Don't know whether they changed the manual gearbox in the F25 but I find ours really low geared.
Appreciate 0