BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

20D M Sport Auto - report after one month

After having this car for a month and 1100 miles:

Looks: Car looks really cool with the day time running light on( you can turn them off), Msport looks really good and I still haven't seen any other one on UK roads yet. but have seen many SEs. Only dislike is that there is only one exhaust, as 520d using the same engine has twin exhaust!

Performance: Car doesn't seem to go as fast as report/road test suggest, may be the engine is tight or I didn't dare to push it hard while still running in.

Refinement: Engine is quite noisy when pick up and a fair bit of road noise due to RFTs. However, seems to be a little quieter after 1000 mile and hope it will be carry on this way when mileage build up.

Ride & handling: Firm around town, but not uncomfortable. Handling excellent for a 4x4 as it really corner well!

Build quality: Although the quality is not extremely high, but it classy enough for this price point IMO.

Idrive : Not as easy to use as I would hope for, but being the best in class. I guess I have to get use to it!
Appreciate 0