BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
tdda32
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan Murano

Looking for good (cheap) Insurance (montreal)

I had a Insurance broker years ago but forgot her name. I just got 2004 Murano and dont really want to pay the 200 ish $ a month for 2 way insurance.

I dont undertsand the insurance game, im 38, NEVER had a claim, the car I got is only worth 10k and depreciating every year, why should I pay so much?

I feel robbed, can someone help please

Thanks

Thierry
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
Babbage
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Sure. The issue is you just need to shop around. My long time insurance company was really not keen on insuring my BMW X3. They wanted a high price AND a "Boomerang" anti-theft tracking system.

This being a capitalist economy, I simply exercised my market power and said... "no!". I shopped around, and got a great deal at BelairDirect. This was an online application, no special connection or broker needed. And I didn't even need to install a Boomerang.

Competition really works, but you have to be willing to shop around. You can probably do even better than me if you shop around longer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
mtlcruisin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

tdda, I got a sick deal from a broker. Her name is Louise Poulin. I will send you the info in a private message.

Ok, I sent it, let me know if you got my PM.
Appreciate 0