BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Todd35i
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Stand alone X-line exterior trim?

I just ordered my Space Grey 35i on friday, I have been lurking around this forum for months. I opted not to get the sport activity package but I am second guessing myself only becasue of the X-line trim (allthough radioactive's photos are helping me feel better) Does anyone know if the X-line exterior trim is available as a stand alone option or only within the package? As the 6 week wait goes by I am finding myself looking at traffic comparing every car that has or does not have chrome accents. I get mental over small details
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Im not sure. Let us know if you find out. I fortunately did order it on my car. This site is bad for second guessing yourself and wishing you had gotten something The only regret I have is not getting the premium Hifi system. But after reading stuff here Ill be fine. Good luck getting your info
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Might I suggest downloading pictures with/without x line and comparing them split screen on your display. I was going for a more utility truck feel, whereas most are going for a more sporty look, especially 35i buyers. I use a polish glaze on the space gray before sealant. Really brings out the color. Would highly recommend!

BTW BMW Finally...don't kick yourself too hard for not ordering the premium sound. It's good, but certainly nothing to lose sleep over.

Last edited by Radioactive; 05-16-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Todd35i
Rep

I have been looking at screen shots all weekend now. I just do not see the need for the paddle shifters and I am indifferent on the sports seats. Are the regular seats still power adjustable? ( I am ok with lack of lumbar support). So I really cant see adding another grand to my order just for some Chrome accents.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Todd35i
Rep

Well, Problem solved, just called my dealer and had the sports activity package added. Case closed.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd35i View Post
Well, Problem solved, just called my dealer and had the sports activity package added. Case closed.
Yay, I'm sure you'll love your X3 with SAP. The regular seats are power adjustable I believe but don't come with lumbar support or adjustable side bolstering. I had my 1st X3 sighting in a parking garage yesterday; same color as mine but 28i so no chrome tailpipes and no SAP, it definitely didn't look as good.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd35i View Post
Good for you. I was bummed about not getting Premium HiFi and couldnt add it because it was already in production. I still had my current car until July so just ordered a new one HAHA. My original ordered car gets here tomorrow but I will have another 3-4 weeks to wait for the new one! but well worth being satisfied with the end product. Oh and I added BMW Apps
Appreciate 0