BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Thanks caesardog. I guess you're right, something with Verizon. Not sure about BB/Rim though because my Torch (9800) and my wife's Bold (9700) work flawlessly. I'm on the Bell network in Canada.

Dave
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #24
Berkbon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

This is a bummer. I've tried everything I can think of, but still no luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
Berkbon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ceasardog, have you by any chance learned anything more about this?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkbon View Post
Ceasardog, have you by any chance learned anything more about this?
No. I just shot a follow-up email to bluetooth today (they have not responded). I intend to keep bothering them until they do.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #27
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
BMW Office seems to be working with my Verizon Blackberry Bold with OS 6. When I enter the car, my current emails and texts will load and be displayed on my nav screen. However, messages received after current messages are loaded do not show up. So, if I'm driving along and receive an email/text, it will not show on the nav screen.

Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting?
Verizon has just pushed out a new OS update (version 6.0 bundle 2333). One user has already reported in another forum that the new OS version fixed the BMW Office email updating issue.

So update your Blackberry and give it a try. I'm updating (over the air) as I type this. So I'll know for my ride home from work today if it is fixed.

Go to options/software /check for updates to slowly update over the air.

Or if you want to do it from your desktop, go here:

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

I'll report back here tonight if it is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
Berkbon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Downloading the update now! Did it work for you?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #29
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Downloading the update now! Did it work for you?
Yup. All good now. Had to leave work early today, so it was a perfect test, as I received multiple emails on my way home. Saw an email icon when a new message came in and they showed up in the messages list. Very cool!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #30
Berkbon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Caesardog, did you have to re-pair or do anything after the BB software update? Mine still not working. I fear I might be missing a setting somewhere...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
Berkbon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Caesardog, it worked! I did a battery pull and I now get messages on the fly! Thanks a million for all your help. Once again, the forum saved the day.

Quick question: if you not on the message screen, is there a way of telling if a new message has been received?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #32
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Caesardog, did you have to re-pair or do anything after the BB software update? Mine still not working. I fear I might be missing a setting somewhere...
No. Mine was working right away. However, I did later unpair (delete from car and delete from blackberry) when I got home. And then re-did it all again. I re-tested and it was working still.

To fix your issue, I would do the following:

1. unpair (delete device from both car and delete car from BB)

2. Reboot your device (alt/ctl/delete equivalent on device or remove battery and reinsert battery)

3. Re-pair

If that doesn't fix it, I would untick encryption on the device properties of the BMW bluetooth entry on your blackberry. It put encryption there by default for me (and it still works for me). But maybe that causes a problem with you.

Finally, did you ensure that the OS upgrade completed?

Make sure office is selected for the configuration of your phone in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #33
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Caesardog, it worked! I did a battery pull and I now get messages on the fly! Thanks a million for all your help. Once again, the forum saved the day.

Quick question: if you not on the message screen, is there a way of telling if a new message has been received?
Awesome!

Yes, you don't need to be on the message screen. You see an email icon (envelope icon) on the top of each screen where the radio or other music info is listed when on a music/radio screen (the same line where you see the number of bars for your blackberry reception). Or, if you are on a navigation map, you see it on the gray graphical overlay, which lists music info, etc. There may be other places too, but I generally drive with either a nav map or music screen. And I saw it on both of those. I never keep it on the message screen.

In fact, I have a programmable memory button set for messages. So when I see the envelope icon I just push the button and I'm immediately on the messages screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #34
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesardog View Post
No. Mine was working right away. However, I did later unpair (delete from car and delete from blackberry) when I got home. And then re-did it all again. I re-tested and it was working still.

To fix your issue, I would do the following:

1. unpair (delete device from both car and delete car from BB)

2. Reboot your device (alt/ctl/delete equivalent on device or remove battery and reinsert battery)

3. Re-pair

If that doesn't fix it, I would untick encryption on the device properties of the BMW bluetooth entry on your blackberry. It put encryption there by default for me (and it still works for me). But maybe that causes a problem with you.

Finally, did you ensure that the OS upgrade completed?

Make sure office is selected for the configuration of your phone in iDrive.
Never mind. I see the battery pull worked while I was typing this.
Appreciate 0