BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

X3 Price in Australia

hi all,

just new to the group, and nice to meet you all....
what will be the best price in Australia for a new X3 20d 2011 Sept built model?
how much discount should i look for if the car is no stock and ordered to built?
please advise...
cheers

ppduck
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

ppduck - I would suggest you will get bugger all in terms of a discount off the list price of any new X3 at the moment. Dealers are having no trouble filling their allocated production slots and so there is simply no incentive for them to offer discounts - even by way of competition between dealers. They are even having difficult keeping floor stock for test drives. Maybe in a couple of months time as delivery times lengthen even more than they are now, they may start offering discounts on factory builds to keep you from considering alternatives to the X3.

Perhaps the only X3 you might get a discount off are any 28i they may have in stock - the diesels you can forget about.

Bottom line - maybe $2-3,000 at most although some dealers may be able to move more depending on any trade-in you have.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Agree with Brissim.

Your discount will depend on your history with the dealer.

Are you eligible for the BMW Corporate Program? That gives you about $2000 off the dealer delivery and free servicing, which is worth about $4000 all up.
You dont have to haggle to get that.

After that discount, then you need to play on yoru buying history.
Repeat customers who spend big on the expensive models will get a better discount than firsttimers people who buy the lower spec models.

Also there is more margin in the options than in the car itself - BMW Australia is keeping a very tight control on the sell price of the cars during the first year or so of release. They need to recoup the money and incentives they have been pouring into the run out models of the older cars like the X5 and 1 series.

Add a lot of options, then haggle on price, then remove some options and see how you do.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Filski
Private
Rep
Drives: None

I've been getting a lot of calls from dealers asking if I'm still interested. Other makes are offering all sorts of deals and low interest rates too. That seems to me to indicate the market is a bit slow and it may be worth having a go.

I'm putting my plans on hold for a bit, may try for a deal on a 30d early next year. I've cooled a little on the X3 after reading a lot of defects lately (yes, know that forums over represent problems but still) so waiting for things to settle down.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #5
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

You should be able to get better deal next year when things are cooled. The dealers can't get enough cars at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

I got almost a significant (>10% discount) on a 30d with my dealer. There's deals to be done.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #7
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
I got almost a significant (>10% discount) on a 30d with my dealer. There's deals to be done.
Much the same with the 2.0d here..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

hi all,

i finally joined the BMW family and bought a X3 20d today..... thanks for all hints from your guys in this forum, and it ahs been very helpful and i will start to come here more often....
pls advise if this is a good buy....
no trade in, and i m not an corporate program member also.....
so car with options for $76k AUD....
the options are
Sun roof, bi-xenon light, metallic paint, top view camera, folder exterior mirrors, power tailgate, sunblind for rear window, usb extended music, remote alarm, headlight washer, performance control, dynamic damper control,
and with package as dealer throw in 4 year free services, and car-mat.....
that's all i can bargain for .... as it is so hard to get the price down.....
and the car should be here by end of Nov 2011....
cheers....
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppduck View Post
hi all,

i finally joined the BMW family and bought a X3 20d today..... thanks for all hints from your guys in this forum, and it ahs been very helpful and i will start to come here more often....
the options are
Sun roof, bi-xenon light, metallic paint, top view camera, folder exterior mirrors, power tailgate, sunblind for rear window, usb extended music, remote alarm, headlight washer, performance control, dynamic damper control,
cheers....
What is the full price and discount? (Save us trying to run the configurator and workign it all out again)

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Just becareful when you see 10%+ discounts. I have seen dealers charging $5k excl gst and lct for delivery - and by the time it blow out with tax - it becomes very big. The BMW recommended delivery is around 3650.

Just as an example, I recently heard from someone who thought he got 7% discount from a dealer, and found out that it was $20 less than the list price quoted on from another dealer.

Another example is that I know someone who had less options on the 1M than mine paid $2k more for their 1M at list price - and we are in the same state.

Not saying it was the case for people who had posted - just a warning for people who is looking at the moment that they need to look closely at what's being charged.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Just becareful when you see 10%+ discounts. I have seen dealers charging $5k excl gst and lct for delivery - and by the time it blow out with tax - it becomes very big. The BMW recommended delivery is around 3650.

Just as an example, I recently heard from someone who thought he got 7% discount from a dealer, and found out that it was $20 less than the list price quoted on from another dealer.

Another example is that I know someone who had less options on the 1M than mine paid $2k more for their 1M at list price - and we are in the same state.

Not saying it was the case for people who had posted - just a warning for people who is looking at the moment that they need to look closely at what's being charged.
Another reason why its best if we see the total sale price and claimed discount - so we can compare apples and apples.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #12
KennyBMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 320d M Sport

ppduck, which dealer did you go through in NSW. I am in the market for a new one
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

i go to the sydney and central coast dealers.....
and got 3 diff prices and finally got the lowest for $76k.....
as 1 gave me an offer for $81k
1 gave me $79k and fianlly the last one $76k, what the dealer told me that was a very special deal.... "as i was not a customer of BMW..... and not owing a BMW previously.. + the X3 basically is no stock in australia..... so factory built model is normally offer less discount and for such a good selling car (so far)....BMW Australia noramlly not to subsidise the dealer on any discount at all....."
being the fact that i had enough to drive aroudn all dealership in NSW, so i decided to buy it off at $76k.....
hopefully anyone of you who are thinking to buy this car can get a better deal than me.... and pls let me know if you do....
cheers.....
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #14
DocX
Rep
Drives: Subaru Liberty GT

Hi I am new to BMW and in the market of getting a 3.0D.
Sydney is the nearest capital from where I live (South Coast).
I'm wondering where to check on price of those options?
And the drive away price on BMW website, is that true reflection of real world?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocX View Post
Hi I am new to BMW and in the market of getting a 3.0D.
Sydney is the nearest capital from where I live (South Coast).
I'm wondering where to check on price of those options?
And the drive away price on BMW website, is that true reflection of real world?
Unfortunately the only way to get option prices is through a BMW dealer. Unlike other brands (Audi, M-B, Volvo spring to mind), BMW Aust doesn't publish option prices on their website. The drive-away price on the website is an approximation. For example, the dealer delivery portion of the add-on costs varies between dealers and can - up to a point - be open to negotiation. I would suggest the starting point for you is to contact several Sydney BMW dealers (phone/email), explain your situation/location and ask for a quote for the X3 with your options.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

you can also search at carsales.com.au at the new car show room. The pricing is not always right, but that gives you an approximation. There are certain options which you are required to order another option so the best way is to do you options up on bmw website, and then select the options in carsales and see what it comes up with.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

picked up 2.0D mpack with roof,bus nav,mirrors, 19s, and some others... new for same price as above.... what do u guys think?
      11-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #18
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

In US, list prices as well as invoice prices are easily available even for options.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
bvp95p
Rep
Drives: x1 sdrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
picked up 2.0D mpack with roof,bus nav,mirrors, 19s, and some others... new for same price as above.... what do u guys think?

aus135i - is yours built and delivered according to your order, or is it a ready-stock that has those extra options. If built to your order, how long did it take from order to delivery? Appreciate to hear of your experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
bvp95p
Rep
Drives: x1 sdrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppduck View Post
hi all,

the options are
cheers....

Ppduck - been following your experience in getting the x20d and read about your reviews following your Sydney-Gold Coast drive. Certainly has whet my appetite. I wanted to ask if your x3 with those extra options was built to your order, or was it a ready stock with the dealer that you found. I am considering an x20d and unsure whether to order build or accept one that is in stock now (but which does not have the options I would like). I went to a dealer at Parramatta yesterday and was told that none of the x3 in stock in the whole of Australia has bi-xenon lights. Not entirely convinced is the least I can say.

Also, if I were to order build (dealer estimates April 2012 delivery) do you think this is less likely to get a better discount than to negotiate over a ready stock?

Grateful for any guidance.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvp95p View Post
Ppduck - been following your experience in getting the x20d and read about your reviews following your Sydney-Gold Coast drive. Certainly has whet my appetite. I wanted to ask if your x3 with those extra options was built to your order, or was it a ready stock with the dealer that you found. I am considering an x20d and unsure whether to order build or accept one that is in stock now (but which does not have the options I would like). I went to a dealer at Parramatta yesterday and was told that none of the x3 in stock in the whole of Australia has bi-xenon lights. Not entirely convinced is the least I can say.

Also, if I were to order build (dealer estimates April 2012 delivery) do you think this is less likely to get a better discount than to negotiate over a ready stock?

Grateful for any guidance.
Hey mate,

If your going to spend upwards of 70k on a 2.0d with options, order from the factory.

What you say about the bi-xenons may be correct, but it's probably more relevant to the combo your looking at.

I ordered my car in August 2011, it came in first week of December without the bi-xenons I ordered, so they reordered another car for me which should hopefully get here before the end of March....

Bi-xenons can only be fitted from the factory....

Hope this helps..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
bmw>audi
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3

So expensive in oz...
Appreciate 0