BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
drodnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

ipod video playback on idrive w/snap-in??

i would like to play movies stored on my 160gig ipod classic onto the BMW idrive screen on my 2014 X3.

I ripped a few movies using WinX DVD ripper and imported the movie file into itunes without a problem. then transferred it onto my ipod classic. I can play the video on my device but when plugged into the usb drive, it only plays audio, no video.

i have coded almost everything imaginable to allow playing of video, including coding it for playback in motion. but it does not allow playing of movie/videos from my ipod classic. again, I can select from a list of movies and when selected I can hear audio but can't see video.

maybe i should be ripping to a different format??? i have tried mp4, (audio no video) wmv (audio no video) and mov (nothing)

no other coding option allows this as far as i know. there must be a physical solution besides the snap in adapter. (and does anyone know if the snap in adapter for ipods really work?)

and yes, i researched every forum and post. most end up discussing the dvd in motion product. on that note, does dvd in motion address this is are these people drifting into another direction/discussion? lot's of confusion out there.
Appreciate 0