BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
Vote Quimby
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX, G01 X3 M40i

Picking up my 2012 CPO X3 35i MSport on Tuesday - Questions

Hello all,

I'll be picking up my X3 on Tuesday and hoped I might impose on all of you for your advice as to what I might want to check for at pickup or insist upon in advance. FWIW, I've purchased the truck sight unseen so I'll also be doing the full visual inspection and test drive at the same time.

I have confirmed that the vehicle has both keys, all original tools and manuals. I've also negotiated OEM summer and winter mats, but I forgot to ask for the cargo mat - so I'll have to buy that one. Are there any other pieces that might be missing that I should check for? The only thing that comes to mind is the cargo cover thing that unrolls like a blind.

My 2008 E90 nav runs off of CDs, but I gather that this one runs of a hard drive. Am I entitled to current file, and if so what version would that be, and how could I check? On the iPhone integration - should the cable be included, or is there some kind of dock? Anything else that might have walked off?

Any thoughts and advice you may have would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Quimby
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
I would ask the dealer for a print out of the service and maintenance work that has been done to the vehicle. They can easily do so by running the VIN number. The latest maps are not included and updates are never free. Test to make sure all button, switches and levers work properly (seat heat, ac, wipers, seat controls etc)
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Vote Quimby
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX, G01 X3 M40i

Thanks, Thrill.

I'll definitely do that on the service history. I already have it up until the lease ended, but not the reconditioning work they did.

Should I be expecting fresh wipers and cabin filter?

Also, wouldn't the buttons and whatnot be a warranty issue regardless of whether I catch them at delivery or not?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Yes, if it is still under warranty, all of it will be covered. Tell them you would like new wiper blades and they will pop fresh ones on.
Appreciate 0