BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
kitercarlos
Spain
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

Torque converter does not work properly

A moth ago, I felt something wrong with my gearbox, it was splipping. I thought it was because the PDF regeneration process was on, but it did not make sense you do not have control of your vehicle you accelerate, the engine rev but not encrease the speed.

After experimental the same problem sometimes always when I drive the frist time of the day, I was looking for online this kind of behavior finally I found in this forum a thread about this issue but it was dead and no have solution.

I would like to know if someone has had the same problem? And what was the solution, maybe reprogram?

Last edited by kitercarlos; 08-03-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Slipping? Describe more.
      08-04-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

Take your car to service.... I think there's no other choice.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
kitercarlos
Spain
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

In answer to Nahoa question when the transmission is not locked, accelerating inceases engine revs and road speed but there is not a direct relationship between engine rpm and road speed.

I know that IŽll have to take it to service, in fact this next tuesday I have a date whit them, but I dont sure they will have the solution to the problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I recall -- but didn't turn up in a search -- another poster whose transmission did something similar with a high rev. I think they also got an error message, though. If memory serves it turned out to be a loose cable or faulty sensor causing the car to think the transmission fluid was low and the car compensated by seeking a higher rev for than normal for the same speed/power target. Maybe something similar?
      08-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitercarlos View Post
...After experimental the same problem sometimes always when I drive the frist time of the day, I was looking for online this kind of behavior finally I found in this forum a thread about this issue but it was dead and no have solution.

I would like to know if someone has had the same problem? And what was the solution, maybe reprogram?
I wonder if it is involving the oil temperature, possibly the sensor. Don't know the strategy on the latest boxes, but earlier ones would not lock up until there was a bit of heat in there.

Once settled, is it a positive lock up as you'd expect?

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Nayook
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Hi kitercarlos: please see my pm about this issue. It sounds like you have the same problem as I had. Replacement of the mechatronics unit finally got the gearbox working properly. I was fortunate to have a good dealer whose team was determined to get to the bottom of the problem.
My thread on the problem was this: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...hlight=colojim which you have already seen. I shall complete the thread with a final update (hopefully it will be the end of the story).
Appreciate 0