BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
rmeir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

zaino

not to plug the product but I must say zaino has been the best finisher i have ever used. i thought klasse was good until zaino. i found out about it on this forum so thanks for turning me on to it.!!!1
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

There could be better products but Zaino is great too. My X3 has Zaino.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

I have to get off my arse and get this zaino done.

I really hate waxing my car and find it hard to get motivated.
      07-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
gerem
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i M-Sport

Zaino is great, I use it after every wash.
lbjgh: think about the results and with Zaino it's really easy to take care of your X3.
      07-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerem View Post
lbjgh: think about the results and with Zaino it's really easy to take care of your X3.
where did you get it from?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Online at zainostore.com
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
bmwxthree
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 x3 28

Check out autogeek.com
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
lenore
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport

How does Auto Glym stack up to Zaino?
Zaino Australia are currently out of stock of the "Ultimate Kit" I sent an email to them yesterday but to date have not received a response!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
Harv_NC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

For PLASTIC try PLEXUS. Been using it for years, it is really a great product.
Have never found it locally, Amazon has it:
http://www.amazon.com/Vega-Plexus-Sp...lastic+cleaner
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU
Quote:
The zaino store is like in my neighboring city :P.

Awesome leather conditioner plus a pleasant sent
      07-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
rmeir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

havent found any stores that sell it , sent for it online from the factory
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeir View Post
havent found any stores that sell it , sent for it online from the factory
Yes it is very tightly controlled on line business. I know there is one local private store in N California but the stock level is so low that I order directly online. The online trick is that they have flat rate for shipping, so plan properly and order material in one go.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
gerem
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU
Quote:
I bought it from the online Canadian store. I think you have 2 websites that you can buy from (us and Canada) The shipping is really fast (3days).
      07-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Isn't there like two Zaino? I was always told the Zaino sold at Walmart in USA is crap and the Zaino only-sold-in-Europe was very good. Two different Zaino formulas.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Isn't there like two Zaino? I was always told the Zaino sold at Walmart in USA is crap and the Zaino only-sold-in-Europe was very good. Two different Zaino formulas.
I don't think that Zaino is available in stores like Walmart, it's primarily sold online at zainostore.com
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
richy577
Pokerboy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport 2.0D

Just put this post on Detailing World so thought I would add it here as it was the first time I've used Zaino so thought I would share my experiences.

I have recently purchased a new White X3, which is my first car for 8 years and most expensive one as well.

The main reason I purchased Zaino was that I wanted a car polish and seal to really protect the paint over the next few years.

I spent a lot of hours looking through the various detailing and car websites until I settled on Zaino as my main choice. One of the reasons was that it seemed relatively easy to use and especially to use the Z2 polish. I have tried waxing in the past and can remember it was seriously hard work (although this was probably 10 years ago).

A couple of weeks ago just before the car came I ordered the Zaino Ultimate Kit and the Triple Kit as well, which contains Z-AIO, Z-CS (Clear Seal) and Z-8 Grand Finale. Yes I know it’s a lot of money but I’m not keen on taking it to the various cheap cash washes, as had a few experiences in the past.

The weather in the UK as we all know has been terrible the last couple of weeks and the car has been covered in mud on several occasions, but due to the rain there hasn't been a good time to polish the car. I have spent the last week just getting up to date on exactly what to use and when.

Finally started on the car today, there were a couple of long vertical watermarks on the car that didn't wash out and I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago, which the Zaino guys answered on how to resolve this.

Followed the usual process recommended, washed the car with fairy liquid to get rid of the detergents, then hosed down and dried it fully.

Next I used a clay bar on the car, I know it’s relatively new however it did get rid of a few marks. I did find the clay bar the most difficult part (they make it look easy on the videos). After a while however I got used to it (one thing I realised is to make sure you use plenty of lubricant as this definitely helps, I used the Z-7 with some water) as advised.

The Clay reduced some of the Vertical marks but they were still visible (more later).

Washed again this time with Z-7 and fully dried the car including inside the doors, boot etc.

I then added a coat of Z-AIO with the white side of the tri-applicator (as recommended by the Zaino Guys) as well as putting a bond on the car this finally removed the vertical marks in full (which I was very pleased with).

I then followed the process of putting Z2 and ZFX on the car, managed to put 2 coats on (I think I almost certainly put on too much it was very difficult to tell if an area was coated, the car is white and sometimes in the light it was virtually impossible to tell so just used my instinct (as all of the Videos and tips say it goes a long way). Covered the alloys with this as well.

Used the Z6 Gloss enhancer and buffed down.

Used the ZCS (Clear Seal) that was fun, I just guessed the amount to use and didn’t use that much (this stuff is super slippery especially when the car is clean). Just left this to dry.

Waited a good 40 mins whilst I washed out buckets and cleaned towels, applicators etc. Then I cleaned all of the Glass with the Zaino Glass Cleaner and put some tyre gloss on as well.

Finally I put on some Grand Finale. Now I know I’m never going to get the wet look with a White Car, but just thought I would go for it today and do the lot.
The whole lot took about 5-6 hours, mainly because I just took my time and wanted to make sure I did it correctly. I’m sure I could do it a lot quicker than this but wasn’t in any rush.

On the whole I quite enjoyed the process, I didn’t really come across any major issues (just make sure you take your time).

I managed to get rid of the marks, which I was really chuffed with.

The car itself looks great although my Wife’s comment at the end was “its only a car”, but I didn’t really expect anything different! However she came in about an hour ago and said it felt super smooth which I have to admit it feels far smoother than when I picked it up and actually looks better as well.

A couple of accessories I bought extra elsewhere where some buckets on eBay for about £15 and a couple of scratch guards for about £6.50 each as well.

I used Microfibre clothes, the yellow ones from Costco and was pleased with them and I wore Nitrile Gloves when putting on the various polishes and seals. I’m sure the Chemicals are fine but tend to get dry skin sometimes so sure it wouldn’t have helped with bare hands.
Attached Images

Last edited by richy577; 07-16-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Great work. I'm surprised it only took 5-6 hours if you clayed and applied multiple coats. Maybe I'm a bit slow!

I found using this clay bar applicator much easier than applying without one (I struggled a bit first time).

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213289

I've used and have been impressed with Zaino - also some autoglym HD wax which is very good too IMO

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=146043

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Reminded me of another Zaino production....

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497945

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
I bought it from the online Canadian store. I think you have 2 websites that you can buy from (us and Canada) The shipping is really fast (3days).
will try that, thx Gerem
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

I think the only Canadian distributor is located in Guelph, ON. About an hour from my place. I was gonna drive over there and p/u some zaino... but like I said I getting damn lazy about waxing and polishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
will try that, thx Gerem
      07-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
What happens if you apply the conditioner ever 2-3 weeks?
      07-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #22
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
I don't think that Zaino is available in stores like Walmart, it's primarily sold online at zainostore.com
My mistake. I was thinking about Zymol. That stuff is sold at WalMart.

I should know Zaino. I bought some of it a long time ago. They've been around for a while.
Appreciate 0