BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-04-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
Retro-king
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Looking for turbo upgrade info... Vargas, Big Boost, PS2 etc.

Hello. Havent been on these forums in quite some time (several years) but I have a few questions if anyone knows or has experience the info would be appreciated. Has anyone installed the Big Boost or Vargas GC DBB kit as of yet? If so, how did it go and how do you like it so far? Any issues? I'm new to this particular platform and am looking to upgrade so figured I'd ask to see if anyone had bolted any of the mentioned turbo's/kits up. Was also thinking of going PS2, but leaning away from that for a couple of reasons. I see a few have had issues with the PS2, but plenty good experiences from others though too. Not as much info on on Vargas or Big Boost that I've seen. Just looking for a lil insight so I don't waste too much time with trial and error to start off with. I bought this thing as a commuter, but as usual I cant leave well enough alone. I immediately went fbo bm3 ots stage2 for now. Waiting on turbo and supporting mod upgrade then I'll get to work on the tune. Really trying to decide on a bolt on without going custom for now. Any real world info or experience would help. I'd like to get this thing moving a good bit better though so I'll bolt a turbo on, hpfp, lpfp and a good tune. Hopefully that'll get me closer to where I'd like to be without yanking the motor. Plan is to roll this thing into the 11's or low 12's for now. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Retro-king; 04-05-2020 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0