BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #23
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
I assume that's sarcasm. I'm a little disappointed with BMW's penchant for making fake air intakes larger and larger to the point of ridiculousness. Do big fake air vents cool more effectively than small ones? It seems at odds with their (former?) no nonsense performance image.

American cars in the 60s and 70s were loaded with fake air intakes. I hated them then, and I hate them now.
The Air Breathers on the side of the front wheel arch are actually function over form. They are not there to add detail to a blank sheet of metal. They actually work. Expect more BMWs including the next 7er and 5er to have Air Breathers.
Its a development of EfficientDynamics. BMWs Eco philosophy and every BMW is developed now to conform to this philosophy.
      07-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #24
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
I assume that's sarcasm. I'm a little disappointed with BMW's penchant for making fake air intakes larger and larger to the point of ridiculousness. Do big fake air vents cool more effectively than small ones? It seems at odds with their (former?) no nonsense performance image.

American cars in the 60s and 70s were loaded with fake air intakes. I hated them then, and I hate them now.
The Air Breathers on the side of the front wheel arch are actually function over form. They are not there to add detail to a blank sheet of metal. They actually work. Expect more BMWs including the next 7er and 5er to have Air Breathers.
Its a development of EfficientDynamics. BMWs Eco philosophy and every BMW is developed now to conform to this philosophy.
Scott- any thoughts on M Performance parts for the F25?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #25
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 20i; 2002 E36/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccjung View Post
Hey Guys - I live/work in Newbury Park (BMW Designworks HQ) and I see preproduction BMWs all the time. I'll keep my eyes open for the G01. I saw the F25 back in 2009/10 or so and fell in love quickly.

Cheers
And, you can simply disclose this kind of information to us? And... still keep your job?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #26
Ccjung
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
And, you can simply disclose this kind of information to us? And... still keep your job?
Sorry for the confusion. I don't work for design works, simply live in the same city and see their prototypes running around.

Cheers

Chris
Appreciate 0