BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
silverforumsurf
Private
Rep
Drives: To Buy

If you have DHP - Picture please for cmilligan

cmilligan is kindly investigating whether the M Sport has Dynamic Dampening suspesion. If you have DHP x3 please post a picture of the suspension area. Also if you don't have DHP, a picture would be helpful too. We'll see if the M Sport matches up with either
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
tibookM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F25, F86, G01

bump...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf View Post
cmilligan is kindly investigating whether the M Sport has Dynamic Dampening suspesion. If you have DHP x3 please post a picture of the suspension area. Also if you don't have DHP, a picture would be helpful too. We'll see if the M Sport matches up with either
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513681

see this link...

M-sport does not have DHP...you have to add it. M-sport is mostly cosmetic stuff and not really a performance package on the X3. BTW...if you have a 35i the normal/sport toggle switch is definitely in there if you order the sport package. It does not include the dampening factor but many people are starting to say that they think it does stiffen up the chassis...not sure as I haven't taken delivery yet, but it's interesting.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf View Post
There is a pic of the non-M Sport front damper with the DHP connection on the thread that has discussed this ad nauseum.

Anyone with a M-Sport care to post a pic?

PLEASE See: (look at post No. 149)
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...=520196&page=7
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
tibookM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F25, F86, G01

We couldn't add the DHP to my order, and the Sales Manager gleamed from the other materials he had that it must be included. We'll see. I'll pull a wheel off to look at the damper if no one else will.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
Marmik
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 35i titanium & black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513681
BTW...if you have a 35i the normal/sport toggle switch is definitely in there if you order the sport package. It does not include the dampening factor but many people are starting to say that they think it does stiffen up the chassis...not sure as I haven't taken delivery yet, but it's interesting.
Yes this appears to be true. On my 35i the Normal/Sport switch includes a configuration setup that allows you to have the sport setting tune only chassis - only drivetrain - or both. DHP is something else entirely.
Appreciate 0