BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #45
Neo-Orpheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Astra

How did u manage to get the Titanium grill ordered? I wanted the same and the dealer said it is a factory spare part which I have to order separately. There is no default option for the grill ...grrrr
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #46
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Orpheus View Post
How did u manage to get the Titanium grill ordered? I wanted the same and the dealer said it is a factory spare part which I have to order separately. There is no default option for the grill ...grrrr
Dealer fitted before I collected, seems daft that I cant be a factory option as it wouldnt cost BMW a second in time to fit titanium grille and Im sure there would be a decent take up (dealer fit is a pain and can be expensive and guess most people dont bother)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #47
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

I'm having trouble getting my dealer to order the chrome grille. They are saying that the item is comming up for a mainland 335I x3 and no reference to the diesel. They won't order it for me just in case the part dosen't fit although they think it will. I have pointed them to Ebay where a BMW dealer is actually selling the grilles (£80 each!) so they must be the same, but to no avail. Until they are specified as fitting the diesel it's a no go.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #48
JordanWindebank
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 20d (2011)

I have just has confirmation from my dealer in Aus that they can fit the Titanium Grill. Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #49
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

This link will give you the part No's to order grills. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&hg=51&fg=15

Left Grille Titan 51117237421
Right Grille Titan 51117237422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
I'm having trouble getting my dealer to order the chrome grille. They are saying that the item is comming up for a mainland 335I x3 and no reference to the diesel. They won't order it for me just in case the part dosen't fit although they think it will. I have pointed them to Ebay where a BMW dealer is actually selling the grilles (£80 each!) so they must be the same, but to no avail. Until they are specified as fitting the diesel it's a no go.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #50
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
This link will give you the part No's to order grills. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&hg=51&fg=15

Left Grille Titan 51117237421
Right Grille Titan 51117237422
Thats why they won't order it for me, it's listed as a 35I X3, until it's listed as a 2.0D they will not order it, just incase it doesn't fit.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 06:53 AM   #51
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

Nice car!

Any comments on the engine noise level as many said the engine is noisy.

What is your feed back on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #52
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Tell the losers to speak to Styner BMW Leicester as they ordered and fitted mine no problem - ****** dealers are ****

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #53
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Tell the losers to speak to Styner BMW Leicester as they ordered and fitted mine no problem - ****** dealers are ****
+1 and total ******* and full of **** and ******* useless

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #54
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thats why they won't order it for me, it's listed as a 35I X3, until it's listed as a 2.0D they will not order it, just incase it doesn't fit.
We only have the 20d in the UK fior the time being and the titanium grilles are in the frigging accessories brochure that only applies to the 20d

Those ****** dealers really are ****** bad

Order the grilles from the parts department, hand them to your salesman and tell him to sort - show them the ****** link to this post with my photo

Not sure why they have angered me so much as I have mine just how I want it

You should give them some stick Pugger
Name:  front.JPG
Views: 808
Size:  169.4 KB
Attached Images

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE

Last edited by BIMMER UK 76; 04-19-2011 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #55
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
Nice car!

Any comments on the engine noise level as many said the engine is noisy.

What is your feed back on this?
Im comparing to my previous diesel 5 series and think the X3 is fantastic from interior and clearly a diesel from exterior.

Coming from a petrol others might think the X3 is very aggricultral

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #56
Dobs
Rep
Drives: F25 xdrive20d

Quote:
Im comparing to my previous diesel 5 series and think the X3 is fantastic from interior and clearly a diesel from exterior.

Coming from a petrol others might think the X3 is very aggricultral
Agree with BimmerUK76, nice and quiet inside (although my rear nearside window seal is noisy, must get that sorted) but from the outside the engine is quite noisy, sounds like a 10 year old design. 2.0D Subaru Forester sounds like a petrol in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #57
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Quote:
We only have the 20d in the UK fior the time being and the titanium grilles are in the frigging accessories brochure that only applies to the 20d

Those ****** dealers really are ****** bad

Order the grilles from the parts department, hand them to your salesman and tell him to sort - show them the ****** link to this post with my photo

Not sure why they have angered me so much as I have mine just how I want it

You should give them some stick Pugger
Attachment 512766

I have aleady shown them your pictures, they are still unsure of ordering at this point and want me to wait closer to my delivery date, which has been re-confirmed as 30/6. I will give it a month and just ask them to order them and I will take the risk. The dealer has been great and is just doing everything by the book, it's like painting by numbers.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #58
Jan van Zyl
Private First Class
Namibia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 (F25) x-drive 2.0D

Diesel 50ppm recommended - but not required. In Namibia no 50ppm diesel available - but many 2.0 L diesels around - mostly in 320D sedans though. Even a 4.0D X5 I've seen - which according to write-ups wants only 50ppm - but dealer says it's fine for 50ppm.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #59
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

A little over 1500 miles and still well pleased

Only getting 35.5 mpg but enjoying drive so not too bothered (was hoping for just shy of 40 mpg based on my driving style)

Only hand washed so far (normally on year 3 I revert to automatic wash) and had to de-badge rear X3 emblem as I kept tagging my megs water blanket on the sharp corners (dental floss was enough in a sawing motion then simply peeled of remaining sticky pad that was very easy) and rear looks better for it.

Starting to really dislike the rear xline trim (love side and front) and would like it gone but after exploring removal it is evident that it is keyed into bumper (not just bolted) and would leave slots in bumper needing a whole new bumper.

As posted yesterday the oyster leather is looking like new and seems easier to keep clean than my previous E60 biege. Still notice the cheap plastic trim on lower door panels but a small negative on an otherwise nice interior.

Black proving a bugger to keep clean especially as Im manually removing inappropriate sand and cement mortar pointing from the front elevation of my 400 year old house (to eventually replace with lime mortar). After rain dirt seems to collect especially between glass and boot (the gap seems rather large, almost like they were going to have the glass portion open on its own and then didnt bother putting a seal in the gap). Some of the window and door seals seem a lot bigger than in my e60 and require a lot more attention when had washing etc

Using break dust repellent on the alloys is keeping them clean and they really stand out against the black paintwork.

Had mixed comments, a colleague who has a F11 didnt like interior, wind noise, dash materials, 18" wheels... the list went on (he didnt have the budget to have a loaded F25, come to think of it he didnt like my previous 5, series, Jaguar or 3 series) but another that has a new X5 seemed quite impressed.

Still early days but the F25 20d comes highly recommended from me

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #60
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

Quote:
Starting to really dislike the rear xline trim (love side and front) and would like it gone but after exploring removal it is evident that it is keyed into bumper (not just bolted) and would leave slots in bumper needing a whole new bumper.
Interesting remarks about the X-Line front and rear trim. I've been thinking the same. May be it creates an optical illusion affecting the stance of the X3. If it has bee metal and more of a wrap round like some other cars may it would be better.

You could always paint over it. Tape it up for a trial.

BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
black sapphire | black nevada leather | wave wood | 19" double spoke alloys | xline | xenons | business advanced media package | electric seats | dab | extended storage | grey shade band | auto
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #61
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
Interesting remarks about the X-Line front and rear trim. I've been thinking the same. May be it creates an optical illusion affecting the stance of the X3. If it has bee metal and more of a wrap round like some other cars may it would be better.

You could always paint over it. Tape it up for a trial.
I notice you can now order the matt aluminium exterior trim without xline package and this is the route I would take if ordering today (strange thing is it is £595 alone vs the xline package that includes the same trim for £490!)

The rear trim just looks wrong to me, its like a little tail and makes the car look smaller

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #62
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Interesting points on the rear trim. I haven't looked at it like that but probably will now - thanks!

I've also snagged by new drying towel a few times on the very sharp X on the rear! It may have to go!

Just come back from a weekend Paris in the X3 and it performed very well. Sat nav worked well over there including live traffic and Google Search for chateau de versailles No run flat disasters - my biggest fear was a puncture in the middle of nowhere over there. It also fits in the channel tunnel train carriages (obviously!). Was resetting the mpg a lot and had a little spell of about an hour at 50mpg on a flat section of motorway at about 70-75. It's now in desperate need of a wash!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #63
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Interesting points on the rear trim. I haven't looked at it like that but probably will now - thanks!

I've also snagged by new drying towel a few times on the very sharp X on the rear! It may have to go!

Just come back from a weekend Paris in the X3 and it performed very well. Sat nav worked well over there including live traffic and Google Search for chateau de versailles No run flat disasters - my biggest fear was a puncture in the middle of nowhere over there. It also fits in the channel tunnel train carriages (obviously!). Was resetting the mpg a lot and had a little spell of about an hour at 50mpg on a flat section of motorway at about 70-75. It's now in desperate need of a wash!
Sounds like you had fun (I thought you must have been away - your post count has suffered!!!)

I got quite anal with my E60 going to cornwall one year and averaged nearly 60mpg with some careful driving. Interesting satnav works, might have to go on a roadtrip witht he family

Rear xline trim only offends me on dark paintwork.

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #64
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Just come back from a weekend Paris in the X3 and it performed very well. Sat nav worked well over there including live traffic and Google Search for chateau de versailles
Tested the Sat nav out in London. Worked perfectly, very pleased with it. The arrow directions are very useful even on my business package.

BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
black sapphire | black nevada leather | wave wood | 19" double spoke alloys | xline | xenons | business advanced media package | electric seats | dab | extended storage | grey shade band | auto
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #65
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan van Zyl View Post
Diesel 50ppm recommended - but not required. In Namibia no 50ppm diesel available - but many 2.0 L diesels around - mostly in 320D sedans though. Even a 4.0D X5 I've seen - which according to write-ups wants only 50ppm - but dealer says it's fine for 50ppm.
what mpg or km/l are you get on 500ppm fuel?
Appreciate 0