BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #45
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyb123 View Post
Sorry I don't think I meant pump. They have advised the steering rack has been completely replaced.

Question: The tyre ware on the car has been so bad that BMW say I need two new front tyres. The car has been with them three times so;

1) is this related to the steering rack problems and if so, should BMW be liable for the excessive wear on the outer tyre, and
2) Should they have noticed and balanced the tyres the first two times the car was in,

What are my chances of pursing this with BMW?
Mine pulled to the right. Enough that the dealer agreed it was pulling to the right. I paid for a wheel alignment, and the tech accidentally erased the settings recorded by the alignment computer. No telling how much it was off. Slight improvement. Swapped tires from the left to the right. Now it appears to be fixed. Sometimes I can let go of the steering wheel and it keeps going straight. Once in a while, though, there's a very slight veer to the right. 90% improvement, I think, and no longer repeatable.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #46
nfs060
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 35i

I have the same clunk. Dealer in Montreal Quebec said they were going to change the complete rack and pinion. They put the order with BMW head office. Bmw head office told them there will be recall on Rack in next 3 weeks and that there will be a repair or fix to the equipment as it is a defect with most f25 models.
Hope to keep you all posted. Car has been in and out of shop since I purchased it. So far worst Bmw I have owned hopefully we get everything worked out.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #47
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs060 View Post
I have the same clunk. Dealer in Montreal Quebec said they were going to change the complete rack and pinion. They put the order with BMW head office. Bmw head office told them there will be recall on Rack in next 3 weeks and that there will be a repair or fix to the equipment as it is a defect with most f25 models.
Hope to keep you all posted. Car has been in and out of shop since I purchased it. So far worst Bmw I have owned hopefully we get everything worked out.
Do you have DHP?
Appreciate 0