BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
isrihel
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 D

Steering wheel not in centre

I have a 2012 BMW X3 2.0 d and when I am trying to drive straight I have to keep the steering wheel about one inch to the right, anyone else who have experienced the same problem?. Dealer have checked the car and they just say that everything is ok (
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Steering wheels end up out of center for two reasons.

Most frequently it is due to a sloppy alignment job. It is a very simple adjustment but must be carefully done to keep the wheel perfectly centered. If your car was recently aligned you need to address this with the shop that did the alignment. If it was me, I would no longer trust that shop and would find another shop to fix it and just end up eating the cost of the first alignment.

Second reason is due to something being bent like would occur after hitting a curb real hard or a deep pot hole.

In any case your dealer either has no clue by telling you "everything is OK" or doesn't want to fix a problem they created if they recently aligned it.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Mingstar88
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

how many km? could be alignment...mines about 20000km now, does steer a bit to the right also
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Your car is still under manufacturer warranty, so you should make a big fuss about this with your dealer if they are telling you that it is OK! I am sure I will have the same trouble with my dealer when my car goes in soon to try and find a knocking noise at the front!

Ian
Appreciate 0