BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #67
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
I do admit the DP is a nice package though. I specced the sports seats and Performance Control but have got over the need for big wheels and the sports steering wheel (i'll probably kick myself when it arrives though!).
You can now add the sports steering wheel for £90.00 before build starts

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #68
Dobs
Rep
Drives: F25 xdrive20d

Thanks Bimmer, might just do that. Wish I'd have known it was a standalone option when I ordered.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #69
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I've noticed they've added it to the online configuration tool now on bmw.co.uk, and you can now select the dynamic package + 309 alloys for an extra £850

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #70
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
Thanks Bimmer, might just do that. Wish I'd have known it was a standalone option when I ordered.
Will be adding it to my order tomorrow (meant to do it today)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #71
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

My new X3 arrives in 3 weeks !
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #72
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven40 View Post
My new X3 arrives in 3 weeks !
Congratulations and welcome! Please post some photos when it arrives. When did you order and what options have you gone for?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #73
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Welcome F25

Tell your dealer it is option code 255 at £90.00, for a december order it should be no problem, my order was mid nov and only added today.

Thanks for the tip on interior chrome package, the chrome insert on the new 5 looks smart

What spec / colour combo did you go for?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #74
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F25X3 View Post
Hello guys. new to the forum. I ordered my 2.0d X3 on the first week of December and just read here yesterday about the sport steering wheel. my dealer isnt sure i can had it now - it was a £900 option without dynamic pack - so was looking to find out if you had any probs with your dealer. thanks

btw some of you were thinking about the interior chrome pack. word of advice see it b4 buying it cause i saw it at the paris motor show and it looked really cheap as it is only glued to the existing trim, not a proper insert like on the x1 or 5 ser.
I assume you mean £90! I was given the option of adding the sports steering back in early November after I complained that you couldn't have it with the 309 alloys despite the car in the advert having this combination. Apparently a lot of people have complained about the same thing and that is why BMW changed their minds and you can now add the sports steering wheel as a standalone or add 309s to the dynamic package. I did the latter on my order because I already had sports seats.

I have made quite a few changes to my order after it was placed but as soon as it "entered production" last week no more changes were allowed. Although it wasn't "physical", it was given a chassis and production number and I was told I couldn't make any more changes. Unless your dealer has been given a VIN and production number, you should still be allowed to add the sports steering wheel. Don't believe everything they tell you as they often get it wrong.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #75
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
every time I bring these things to my dealer they dont know s***.
They are all the same

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #76
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
They are all the same
+1

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #77
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
first you coudnt order it without the dynamic pack. then you could order it but as a retro fit and it would cost 900 cause it needed a new airbag - was told this by my dealer and bmw uk - and now its a 90 factory fit option. crazy. and the worst is that every time I bring these things to my dealer they dont know s***.
Good luck BTW, I can't see how they can say that they can't amend your order and take an extra £90 to include the sports steering wheel, unless the car is already in production which is very unlikely for a December UK order.

Oh, and if it is in production already, don't tell BIMMER UK 76!

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #78
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

No chance. Ordered mid December and advised early March delivery. Just been told that delivery is now mid April.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #79
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lol.

i have to stop going to the config site. now im thinking bout sports seats.
Oh dear. Stay away from that site once you've ordered! Revisits have cost me a fortune in added options!

Sports seats look better IMO and I found them slightly more comfortable but not everyone does .....

What colour and interior have you ordered?

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
No chance. Ordered mid December and advised early March delivery. Just been told that delivery is now mid April.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain as I was initially told end of Dec/early Jan but now it's mid Feb.

New orders placed now must be looking at a May delivery then

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #81
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Good to know cause the standart wheels looks poor. I will try to post a pic tomorrow from the Paris car. I was thinking of getting the chrome inserts cause the ones on the x1 look the part but when i saw them I really disliked them. might have a pre production cause they were really poor but if they are the finished product better leave it with the standart trim.

mine's a mineral silver with oister leather - i need some leather cleaning tips btw - abd had to go with xenons cause the daytime likes just make the car look smart. I kept the standart wheels cause bmw performance will put some good ones out and ill keep these for winter tires
Pic of the standard steering wheel here

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465065

Mineral silver + oyster will look the part, nice combination. I keep seeing photos and videos of mineral silver in different lights and it always looks a bit different. It gets good reviews. Would like to see it in real life.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #82
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
mine's a mineral silver with oister leather - i need some leather cleaning tips btw -
Glad to see someone else was brave enough to go with the Oyster leather (baby wipes do a good job of cleaning leather!)

What trim did you go with? wood or alu?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #83
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
The dealers dont seem to haver a clue about true lead times or its just sales tatics

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #84
vulle
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20d -11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain as I was initially told end of Dec/early Jan but now it's mid Feb.

New orders placed now must be looking at a May delivery then
May delivery... I wish it would be so fast. I spoke with a dealer here in Helsinki on Wednesday and according to him they are now taking orders for delivery on week 50 in December. All cars that were allocated to Finland for 2011 have already been sold.

I am really interested in ordering a X3 2.0d but now I don'ä really know. Anyway, I am meeeting with the sales guy tomorrow, hope he has better news.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #85
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

Smile New X3 on order - Discount?

HI All.

I have a new X3 on order too before Xmas:

Black Sat
Red Browm
Auto
Xenon
Pro Med
Dynamic Pack
Sun Protection Glass
Heated front seats
Sunroof

I am also tempted to change the Dyn pk to VDC and 18'' alloys, but then I will lost the sport seats and sport steering wheel for about £300 More.

Do you thing the sport suspension will still ride well as my wife dislike the standard set up with 17'' wheel as its too floaty and caused travel sickness!

I would like to have a chrome extaust trim, back folding table.

I also like a set of running borads, but seems like they have deleted this for the new model?

Does the car still rides well in the sport setting of VDC ? if so, then I will stick to the above to avoid further delay of delivery.

Any one got a discount from BMW?

Thanks

AC888
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #86
mjjc1972
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d SE

Delays!

AAaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhh!

Just got told my my leasing company that my original delivery date of 17th March 2011 has gone back to 14th April 2011 due to volume of orders!

That's what happens when you combine a bad winter with excellent reviews and really low CO2!

By the way, the previous post regarding VDC vs Dynamic Pack; the VDC gives you options. It is very nice, but at £910, and combined with the fact that you would need to specify sports seats as an additional extra, you really have break open the piggy bank to get VDC/Nice Alloys/Sports Seats/Sports Steering Wheel etc.

The dynamic pack equates to the 'sport' setting on VDC, and you get the allows/seats/steering wheel. The performance control that you get with the DP is included in VDC I believe. If you can take a firmer ride than standard (normal in VDC), then you just need to ask if you want VDC. Given the choice and the money, I would spec up with everything I wanted. The DP just looks like a way of saving some money, and I was maxed out on what I was willing to spend. My experience on an E60 5 Series 520d MSport suggested that it will be more than comfortable with the DP.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #87
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
HI All.

I have a new X3 on order too before Xmas:

Black Sat
Red Browm
Auto
Xenon
Pro Med
Dynamic Pack
Sun Protection Glass
Heated front seats
Sunroof

I am also tempted to change the Dyn pk to VDC and 18'' alloys, but then I will lost the sport seats and sport steering wheel for about £300 More.

Do you thing the sport suspension will still ride well as my wife dislike the standard set up with 17'' wheel as its too floaty and caused travel sickness!

I would like to have a chrome extaust trim, back folding table.

I also like a set of running borads, but seems like they have deleted this for the new model?

Does the car still rides well in the sport setting of VDC ? if so, then I will stick to the above to avoid further delay of delivery.

Any one got a discount from BMW?

Thanks

AC888
Some people have given favourable reviews of sports suspension and 18" and I have gone a step further and opted for dynamic package + 19" 309s. Will let you know what the ride is like as mine is production now and expected early Feb.

I got 5% discount but this included an agreement to hold VAT at 17.5%. I was quoted £47.51 for the chrome exhaust trim.

Did you see a real sample of the red brown? I was surprised to see the huge difference between the US chestnut colour in photos compared to online so be careful if you haven't actually seen it.

Most people seem to think that VDC isn't worth the money and you can hardly tell the difference but I was tempted.

I would definitely opt for the sports steering wheel if I were you.

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #88
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjc1972 View Post
AAaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhh!

Just got told my my leasing company that my original delivery date of 17th March 2011 has gone back to 14th April 2011 due to volume of orders!.
Same due date as mine (probably come on the same vessel)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0