BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #309
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
List price would be about 103k.

Professional package - drop about $4K (dealer delivery discount and free servicing)
Haggle away for any more...
But note the waiting list is months so they dont like giving discounts unless you have a good buying relationship with them, especially on the 30d.
Mate - looks great.

I actually think I saw you this morning leaving Northfield with your 2 x youngins around 10am?

Drew was walking out with you - presumably to show you the headsets?

I nearly ran up the back of a Mitsi Sigma staring at the car - looks great!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #310
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocX View Post
Is there a clear quality difference between German made and US made BMWs? As far as I know, all new X3s are made in US.
Yup, all X3s are from the US now.

Great pics Dr Stig .
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #311
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOSQ View Post
Mate - looks great.

I actually think I saw you this morning leaving Northfield with your 2 x youngins around 10am?

Drew was walking out with you - presumably to show you the headsets?

I nearly ran up the back of a Mitsi Sigma staring at the car - looks great!
That would be us. Just had a few config / install issues that Drew was sorting for us...

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #312
drunkntigr
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 m-sport 2011 carbon bla

Guys I always thought these cars were made in USA, but the dealer says Germany. from reading your posts, it seems I am correct? So is it Germany or USA?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #313
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkntigr View Post
Guys I always thought these cars were made in USA, but the dealer says Germany. from reading your posts, it seems I am correct? So is it Germany or USA?
USA.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #314
drunkntigr
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 m-sport 2011 carbon bla

Quote:
USA.
No wonder there are so many electronic problems....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #315
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkntigr View Post
No wonder there are so many electronic problems....
Electrical problems are inherited from Germany. However, the quality issues are from the US. Might change to F30 touring if my wife is happy when it comes out.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #316
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

Good to know our dealers know what they are selling :P
X5 and X3's come from the USA
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #317
degarfs
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Well it has arrived.
I haven't seen the beast yet as I had it shipped straight to Mr DVD for a custom rear seat entertainment install.
Fingers crossed for Saturday or Monday delivery!
Better find some cash.
Hey Dr Stig, did you had the DVD installed by Mr DVD (outside of BMW)?
how much is it?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #318
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by degarfs View Post
Hey Dr Stig, did you had the DVD installed by Mr DVD (outside of BMW)?
how much is it?
It really depends on what you want.
I bought the twin headrest replacement solution, with separate dvd players and cross linked dsplays, plus the digital TV option. Drew threw in the custom upholstering to match the headrests to the sports leather trim in the car.
Budget for about $2500 to $2800 for the twin dvd depending on what you go for, and another $850 for the digital tv install.
All up, just over $3600.
There are cheaper options, with single roof screens and single dvd players into two smaller screens, depending on your needs and budget.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #319
Steve30dMSport
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 30D M Sport

Hi all,

I'm a very long time lurker (ordered my 30D M Sport in May 2011) and was checking this forum daily prior to that in order to learn as much as possible prior to purchase but today I felt I had to vent so I created an account and officially joined the forum. As fellow Aussies I felt you would sympathise with me on this one.

After waiting 5 months for delivery, after obtaining an incredible deal through BMW Melbourne (sorry can't disclose discount obtained), I finally received my new X3 30D M Sport 2 weeks ago. And I miss it so much. Why so? because as I type this it is sitting in Mr Gloss's awesome premises waiting to be very expertly rebuilt. Yep.....

Two days after taking possession of my new pride and joy I was stationary on Auburn Rd Hawthorn when a Holden Statesman behind me decided to go before the lights turned green. Fortunately the damage was only minor and the flexible rear bumper did it's job. However there was superficial damage and an insurance claim was made. But the car was basically 99% so I continued to drive it until the claim was processed and I could drop it off to Mr Gloss for Graeme's well know care. Then came the following Wednesday evening (8 days after delivery) when, whilst again stationery at an intersection, an L Plater on her first drive ever drove uncontrollably in to a round about in peak hour traffic, over the concrete divider and straight in to the right side corner of my new 99% perfect pride and joy. She didn't even brake! Fortunately the X3 did an excellent job of retarding her progress, preventing her from continuing on in to the power pole on the nature strip. Mind you, it took damage to the front right quarter panel, broken right suspension, wheel and tyre and dents down the driver and passenger doors to stop her progress. It was most fortunate that I was where I was as at no time during her parlay through the roundabout did she have her hands on the steering wheel or her feet trying to brake, so she was most grateful that I would make the ultimate sacrifice to prevent her from continuing further and possibly front ending a lamp post.

Did I mention she was driving a Jeep Wrangler with steel front panels which suffered almost no damage other than a slightly bent front right fender? Gee those off-roaders are tough little buggers! Of course it was a manual and she had no idea where the brake pedal was and I guess the boyfriend ( a nice guy actually) screaming at her to brake repeatedly, may have been better off teaching this nervous little wreck (didn't get an apology from her as she was cowling in the front seat in tears with her head still in her hands since she entered the roundabout) to drive somewhere like an abandoned car park or a paddock where she wouldn't ruin someone's very expensive new toy!!!

And there you have it. Oops, forgot one thing. After negotiating with BMW's rather attractive and well breasted accessories girl to only get the UV window tint and not the $3,300 paint protection package, I had taken it to Mr Gloss to have the black sapphire paint treated to the unbelievable (and better than almost all other products) G Techniq paint protection treatment (for 20% of the BMW cost and a much better product!)!

So on the day when a maniacal L Plater (did I mention she was also blonde? - no offense to blondes, but I'm sure you'll understand my angst) entered my life, I was just cruising home from work, admiring the quality of the ride, the excellent zenon headlights, the sound of the pro stereo system with my apple lossless recordings off the ipod, the comfort of the heated sports seats and just thinking how wonderful the paint looks on the bonnet and thinking how amazingly the water beaded on the day before as it rained. Yep, I was really happy. Particularly since I had to wait 5 friggin' months for the car to arrive!!! And now, thanks to some guy's insistence to teach his gf, who has never driven before, to drive his old manual Jeep Wrangler in peak hour traffic through narrow streets laced with roundabouts and speed humps, children's crossing etc I have to wait another month or two to get the car back again.

So I have enjoyed it for a total of 8 days and had two no-fault accidents at which I was stationary both times. Fortunately RACV are quite understanding and have been excellent. Particularly since I get to take it to Mr Gloss who is one of the best in Australia for BMW. I do trust it will come back perfectly as the car did not have a rattle or a squeak in it. Not one fault cosmetically or mechanically. Do you feel my pain?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #320
mibmwx3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30dMSport View Post
Do you feel my pain?
What a sad story. I know that I would certainly hate seeing my X3 in that condition and being separated from it for a month. Hope you get it back good as new.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #321
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Ouch! I feel your pain! You're handling it waaaay better than I would.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #322
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30dMSport View Post
Hi all,

I'm a very long time lurker (ordered my 30D M Sport in May 2011) and was checking this forum daily prior to that in order to learn as much as possible prior to purchase but today I felt I had to vent so I created an account and officially joined the forum. As fellow Aussies I felt you would sympathise with me on this one.

After waiting 5 months for delivery, after obtaining an incredible deal through BMW Melbourne (sorry can't disclose discount obtained), I finally received my new X3 30D M Sport 2 weeks ago. And I miss it so much. Why so? because as I type this it is sitting in Mr Gloss's awesome premises waiting to be very expertly rebuilt. Yep.....

Two days after taking possession of my new pride and joy I was stationary on Auburn Rd Hawthorn when a Holden Statesman behind me decided to go before the lights turned green. Fortunately the damage was only minor and the flexible rear bumper did it's job. However there was superficial damage and an insurance claim was made. But the car was basically 99% so I continued to drive it until the claim was processed and I could drop it off to Mr Gloss for Graeme's well know care. Then came the following Wednesday evening (8 days after delivery) when, whilst again stationery at an intersection, an L Plater on her first drive ever drove uncontrollably in to a round about in peak hour traffic, over the concrete divider and straight in to the right side corner of my new 99% perfect pride and joy. She didn't even brake! Fortunately the X3 did an excellent job of retarding her progress, preventing her from continuing on in to the power pole on the nature strip. Mind you, it took damage to the front right quarter panel, broken right suspension, wheel and tyre and dents down the driver and passenger doors to stop her progress. It was most fortunate that I was where I was as at no time during her parlay through the roundabout did she have her hands on the steering wheel or her feet trying to brake, so she was most grateful that I would make the ultimate sacrifice to prevent her from continuing further and possibly front ending a lamp post.

Did I mention she was driving a Jeep Wrangler with steel front panels which suffered almost no damage other than a slightly bent front right fender? Gee those off-roaders are tough little buggers! Of course it was a manual and she had no idea where the brake pedal was and I guess the boyfriend ( a nice guy actually) screaming at her to brake repeatedly, may have been better off teaching this nervous little wreck (didn't get an apology from her as she was cowling in the front seat in tears with her head still in her hands since she entered the roundabout) to drive somewhere like an abandoned car park or a paddock where she wouldn't ruin someone's very expensive new toy!!!

And there you have it. Oops, forgot one thing. After negotiating with BMW's rather attractive and well breasted accessories girl to only get the UV window tint and not the $3,300 paint protection package, I had taken it to Mr Gloss to have the black sapphire paint treated to the unbelievable (and better than almost all other products) G Techniq paint protection treatment (for 20% of the BMW cost and a much better product!)!

So on the day when a maniacal L Plater (did I mention she was also blonde? - no offense to blondes, but I'm sure you'll understand my angst) entered my life, I was just cruising home from work, admiring the quality of the ride, the excellent zenon headlights, the sound of the pro stereo system with my apple lossless recordings off the ipod, the comfort of the heated sports seats and just thinking how wonderful the paint looks on the bonnet and thinking how amazingly the water beaded on the day before as it rained. Yep, I was really happy. Particularly since I had to wait 5 friggin' months for the car to arrive!!! And now, thanks to some guy's insistence to teach his gf, who has never driven before, to drive his old manual Jeep Wrangler in peak hour traffic through narrow streets laced with roundabouts and speed humps, children's crossing etc I have to wait another month or two to get the car back again.

So I have enjoyed it for a total of 8 days and had two no-fault accidents at which I was stationary both times. Fortunately RACV are quite understanding and have been excellent. Particularly since I get to take it to Mr Gloss who is one of the best in Australia for BMW. I do trust it will come back perfectly as the car did not have a rattle or a squeak in it. Not one fault cosmetically or mechanically. Do you feel my pain?
steve,

i think you have the most remarkable experience with the new X3 so far.... glad to hear that you are doing fine.....
cheer... and tell us most on your X3....
btw, i just picked up mine X3 3 days ago...

ppduck
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #323
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
This thread has gone quiet.
Does that mean we all have our X3's now?

Who in QLD is bringing theirs to the club Christmas party on the 26th?

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #324
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
This thread has gone quiet.
Does that mean we all have our X3's now?

Who in QLD is bringing theirs to the club Christmas party on the 26th?
Yes, i got mine for 2 weeks now...
cheers,

ppduck
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #325
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Mine was due first week of Dec - went into the dealership today to sort a few things, got the confirmed build sheet only to find out the bi-xenons haven't been fitted from the factory.... and the cars on a boat...

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #326
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Mine was due first week of Dec - went into the dealership today to sort a few things, got the confirmed build sheet only to find out the bi-xenons haven't been fitted from the factory.... and the cars on a boat...

Ouch - that would really piss me off. So what is going to happen? Can they fit them here? From the night driving I've done to date, the xenons really are brillant.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #327
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:

How did that happen? You have a copy of the order details? The xenons are wonderful.
      11-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #328
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
From the night driving I've done to date, the xenons really are brillant.

Tony
Oh dear.
Pun intended?

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #329
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Oh dear.
Pun intended?
Actually no. It wasn't until I was reading after I posted how silly it sounded. But you know what I mean, the xenons are worth the extra and I hope OOOSQ can get things resolved and have them fitted. If they can't be fitted out here, I'd even go as far as re-ordering the car with what I would expect to be a significant helping hand if the dealer and/or factory was at fault.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 03:04 AM   #330
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
How did that happen? You have a copy of the order details? The xenons are wonderful.
The xenons were an addition I made a week after the initial order.

Saying that, the order wasn't placed at the factory until a few weeks after so I'd met the dealership deadline quite comfortably.

I'd say the amendment hadn't been processed internally from the dealership to BMW Australia for ordering or something similar along those lines....

Either way, I'm still awaiting a solution from the dealership... quite gutted though.

Appreciate 0