BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #45
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
We also need to be sure the rules work as intended. If the tests bear little relation to real-world driving then the tests will have to change. It's all very well passing tests but the objective is to clean up our environment.

If anything comes out of this fiasco hopefully it will be a sensible testing regime. That said, if this leads to electric cars needing to be charged from mains power....then I hope we don't increase NOx production at power plants. Also the UK is getting marginal on generating capacity.
I hope the test becomes realistic across a wide range of use, but have my reservations, due to the issue of 'backwards compatibility' that seems to have been one of the issues with agreeing on new test procedures.

There will need to be a recognition (from all parties involved) that CO2 levels are way off of any existing targets and agreements. As I see it, something will have to give, or it will be difficult to get to a realistic model of the "WLTP" regime.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #46
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

No further attacks on BMW . VW is in deep shit.

Good to know: Die Schweiz (Switzerland, CH) has put a ban on those VW models tested with foul software- they are not allowed to be sold. CH is not a member of EU (European Union), so they have their own laws - which I dont know. It has not been established if the software will also have an impact on EU-tests.
Norway is also outside of EU, but since they have oil, they will not kill its customers.

CH makes its money from Cuckoo clocks (and watches) and is independent.

The new test method - WLTP - is being pushed through the system, at EU speed
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #47
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

BMW EMISSIONS SCANDAL? BMW CAN 'FLATLY RULE THAT OUT'

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/20...-scandal.shtml
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #48
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Yes, BMW seem to be in the clear - although some "bad guys" (newspapers) are reporting results from the proposed, and tougher test -WLTP - where most, even BMW:s, are above current legal limits, and hence claim that they have "illegal exhaust levels" - which of corse is bull.
Appreciate 0