BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
jerr529
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw X3 x28i

Help w/ phone

I have the X3 2016 28i with Navigation. I need some info from anyone here that has an Android Phone.I have just bought a Motorola G phone.I have basic System for the IDRIVE. I looked up what phone is compatible and most their is I phone apple and samsung. Motorola G is Android .Although BMW said also is some are compatible. Anyone have a ANDROID system phone and able to do same as I phones .Any input would be appreciated
jerry
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Hey Jerry,
I'm not quite sure what your question is exactly, but I am able to connect a Nexus 5 (Android) to the X3 without any issues and use most of the functionalities. My wife has a Motorola Moto G 4g phone and that connects etc without any issues too.
We do have the top professional media unit though.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
ecsw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x3 xdrive 28i

actually, X3's navi works better with Android/Blackberry than iPhone.

I have tried HTC One (M7), Sony Z1, Samsung S6 Edge (from 4.44 all the way to 5.11), Blackberry Passport and iPhone 5/6 with X3.

They all paired and stream music fine with X3. Office option (if you have 6NS option), will work with Android/Blackberry but Office won't work with iPhone 5/6 with iOS 7/8 or prior.

BMW Connected APP for Android works but the latest version may require un-install and re-install to work properly.

What are you trying to do with your phone?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
jerr529
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw X3 x28i

Thanks , i purchased the Moto G 2nd generation with upgrade to Lollipop 5.0 i should get this by friday and then i will try to install. I know ill be able to pair the phone up. My concern is the ability to download apps. In order to enter the Connectivity in drive i have to use the phone to use their services. I have the office in my system. I wanted to get Pandora or any other free music to listen to as opposed to stations. I dont have the Satellite option it was very expensive upgrade.
jerry
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
ecsw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x3 xdrive 28i

I see.

I have Spotify but I simply use aux cable to play back.
I store all of my music on my USB instead and I like it better that way.

BMW Connected APP is very basic and I won't put too much hope using it with my phone.
Appreciate 0