BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

BMW Grocery Gripper

Has any one bought BMW Grocerry Gripper? How do you mount it in X3? Hooks look very close to each other. Is there a better item to hold Grocerry bags in X3?

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...centerid=04497
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

I've already got one hook in the back of my X3, great for transporting Curry back from the Take Away!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

My wife wanted the grocery gripper as we had a certain amount of credits given to us for purchase of BMW accessories.

We got it and it has never even been taken out of the box. Reason being is that there are already bag hooks (1 per side) in the rear compartment that you can easily hang more than one bag off of. Plus she bought the rear cargo tray that came with a fold up box. So between the non-slide box and the pre-installed hooks all our bag needs are covered.

As far as installation, you will need to drill 2 holes into one of the rear panels. Didn't look very difficult but at this point we aren't missing it one bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Might be useful, but can't say its looks are in keeping with the rest of the BMW interior.. I have the rubberised Mat and box, and my shopping never moves around if its stacked in right.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

I was also thinking if I mount the Grocery Gripper on the back of rear seat, it might not give a clear space when I fold the seats down.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

[QUOTE=n55x3;11092996]My wife wanted the grocery gripper as we had a certain amount of credits given to us for purchase of BMW accessories.

Could you explain the credits and tell me the accessories purchased? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

[QUOTE=Brutus1;11097721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
My wife wanted the grocery gripper as we had a certain amount of credits given to us for purchase of BMW accessories.

Could you explain the credits and tell me the accessories purchased? Thanks!

Sure, the credits were part of a promotional deal BMW ran on the X3 about a year ago. They offered $500 credits on any X3 specefic accessories. She picked out the following items:

Mud Flaps - these look pretty good, were easy to install
Rear cargo liner - this is the liner that only has about a 1" lip (there is a liner that has huge sidewalls but then you run into problems when you fold the seats flat.)
iPhone Snap in Adapter - pretty useless right now other than for charging.
Grocery Gripper - sitting in the garage uninstalled
Valve Stem caps - She picked the chrome ones. We had like ~$15 left over so this was a filler item and they are COMPLETE garbage. We ended up putting them on our bikes.

I would say the only 2 items we would have bought with our own money would be the mud flaps and the rear cargo liner.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Looks like it is lower, a lot lower than the original hook for grocery bags. Even the original hook is way too low for normal bags to hang in there. Instead they stand on the floor and remain only loosely connected to the hook.

Almost only thing that is worse in X3 than Skoda Octavia.

I prefer that bags would hang in the hook. That way they stay in the hook tighter (ie. I can corner faster while bags in the trunk).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
Humbug
Enlisted Member
Guernsey
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 xDrive 20d Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
Almost only thing that is worse in X3 than Skoda Octavia.
Apart from that in the Octavia when the front wipers are switched on and you select reverse the rear wiper will come on automatically - not on the X3.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag View Post
I've already got one hook in the back of my X3, great for transporting Curry back from the Take Away!
exactly what I use mine for!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

Thanks for the info n55x3. I too checked out the promo but as I had already purchased mine they renigged on the deal. Nowhere in any of their info did it say it did not pertain to the $500 credits if you had already taken delivery. I had already purchased the cross bars,mud flaps, and rear cargo liner.

Sure, the credits were part of a promotional deal BMW ran on the X3 about a year ago. They offered $500 credits on any X3 specefic accessories. She picked out the following items:

Mud Flaps - these look pretty good, were easy to install
Rear cargo liner - this is the liner that only has about a 1" lip (there is a liner that has huge sidewalls but then you run into problems when you fold the seats flat.)
iPhone Snap in Adapter - pretty useless right now other than for charging.
Grocery Gripper - sitting in the garage uninstalled
Valve Stem caps - She picked the chrome ones. We had like ~$15 left over so this was a filler item and they are COMPLETE garbage. We ended up putting them on our bikes.

I would say the only 2 items we would have bought with our own money would be the mud flaps and the rear cargo liner.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0