BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

Navigation - Where am I?

As I stirred up quite a few comments and responses to my first niggle with my X3 and its door locks that don't unlock when you stop the car, I thought I'd have a go at my next annoyance which relates to the navigation system. Why is it that this seems to be the only system I've come across which doesn't display my current location in the form of a street name or road number across the bottom of the screen? Have gone through all the various settings and it doesn't seem possible to do this. It works on my Smart Fortwo that I use for getting to work as it did on my previous Freelander 2. Another BMW quirk I guess!!
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by X35D For Me View Post
As I stirred up quite a few comments and responses to my first niggle with my X3 and its door locks that don't unlock when you stop the car, I thought I'd have a go at my next annoyance which relates to the navigation system. Why is it that this seems to be the only system I've come across which doesn't display my current location in the form of a street name or road number across the bottom of the screen? Have gone through all the various settings and it doesn't seem possible to do this. It works on my Smart Fortwo that I use for getting to work as it did on my previous Freelander 2. Another BMW quirk I guess!!
You can see the current position using the split screen.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Thank you so much - so easy when you know how!!
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by X35D For Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Thank you so much - so easy when you know how!!
Now that you know how, program a memory button to take you to the arrow display.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Now that you know how, program a memory button to take you to the arrow display.
Another simple thing to do once you know how but in case you don't, to program a memory button, X35D For Me go the screen you want then push and hold any number button to save it to that number.
Appreciate 0