BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
lola_falana_12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

"In Production"...then what?

I got a notification from my CA this past Friday that the estimated date of production on my vehicle is the 27th of May (21st week-did it have to be the last day-just my luck!) I just checked on mybmw and it actually shows the options I ordered and the correct color of my car. It has actually moved on the timeline to "in production" status. Does this mean that on the 27th they will actually start on it or have they started on it? How long from this stage 'til delivery? I've got ants in my pants!

Last edited by lola_falana_12; 05-23-2011 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

If it's "in production" or "start of production" then the car is already being made. It takes about a week or week and a half for them to complete the car then wait for transport.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
lola_falana_12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
If it's "in production" or "start of production" then the car is already being made. It takes about a week or week and a half for them to complete the car then wait for transport.

Ooooooh! Yay! If this is true, I wonder if my CA meant to say that production is estimated to finish by the 27th?? hmmmm.... I am crossing my fingers that they finish timely (with my baby carefully put together of course) and decide to ship it by month's end to invoice my dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola_falana_12 View Post
Ooooooh! Yay! If this is true, I wonder if my CA meant to say that production is estimated to finish by the 27th?? hmmmm.... I am crossing my fingers that they finish timely (with my baby carefully put together of course) and decide to ship it by month's end to invoice my dealership.
If it is in production now, it only takes 40 hours from start to finish to complete. It'll probably be done close to the 27th. Your biggest wait is going to be on the transportation end. Since you are on the West coast, it can take 3 weeks to deliver your vehicle. East coast & Mid West it is within a week of being completed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
mhrir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Very fast

My X3 arrived to Illinois 10 days after it was built.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

FWIW, mine was at the dealer one month after the start of production, with me being in the San Francisco Bay Area. Logistics being what it is, though, may fudge the time a couple of days or so.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0