BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
jaybert
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybert View Post
i decided to go the 18" route.

ordered the 18x8 moda EB1s w/ 245/50R18 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 ZP RunFlats w/ TPMS sensors. after shipping and tax, came out to $2070. There is a $70 rebate (prepaid card) from Michelin for ordering 4 tires, and I placed the order through an affiliate link on fatwallet.com, which willl get me 4.2% cash back in 60 or 90 days.

Went this route since it wasnt much more than getting the staggered 19" tires, and would actually end up saving money in the future when the time came to replace the snow tires in a few years.
my wheels/tires showed up today. trying to decide if i should put them on tomorrow or wait for a few weeks. we had that freak snowstorm in CT last weekend, but its going to be highs of 50-60 degrees all of next week.

if it wasnt such a hassle to move around my wheels/tires, i'd store them for a few weeks before putting them on, but its much easier to get it swapped out now so i can just put the summer wheels/tires in storage.

is it going to be a big deal at all? my guess is no (other than slightly worse tire wear...but how much worse are we talking about? i drive max 1000 miles/month, probably less than that before it starts getting down to highs of 30/40's). anyone have thoughts?
Appreciate 0