BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
krw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

Error code 80118C

I have recently had the EGR valve replaced and all appears to be working again except I have an error on BimmerLink/Carly since the car was in the dealer. The code is 80118C and explanation seems to be Compressor: shutdown to go negative pressure in the refrigerant circuit.

Carly also refers to Outside Ventilation Motor Right Initialisation Fault.

The fault occurred once about 250 miles ago

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry -should have said air con seems to be working okay although it is winter here at the moment so can’t test cooling fully

Last edited by krw; 01-29-2020 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Updated
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by krw View Post
I have recently had the EGR valve replaced and all appears to be working again except I have an error on BimmerLink/Carly since the car was in the dealer. The code is 80118C and explanation seems to be Compressor: shutdown to go negative pressure in the refrigerant circuit.

Carly also refers to Outside Ventilation Motor Right Initialisation Fault.

The fault occurred once about 250 miles ago

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry -should have said air con seems to be working okay although it is winter here at the moment so can’t test cooling fully
For a little more of an explanation, go here and plug in your codes from Bimmerlink or Carly and be sure to click on the "View" link under Fault Info in order to read more about each one

https://bmwfault.codes

Seems your system has detected low pressure that falls below the A/C set point, indicating a possible leak.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
krw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11

Hi Marty

Many thanks for you speedy reply and the link to the website. Much appreciated.

BimmerLink refers to the refrigerant pressure and Carly appears to indicate one of the motor flaps.

I’m a bit confused because the error is listed as only happening once about 250 miles ago, although possibly at that time I had the windscreen demos tee on full trying to clear ice. Maybe one of the flaps didn’t open fully.

If it was a leak I would have thought the error would keep coming back.

Many thanks once again
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by krw View Post
Hi Marty

Many thanks for you speedy reply and the link to the website. Much appreciated.

BimmerLink refers to the refrigerant pressure and Carly appears to indicate one of the motor flaps.

I’m a bit confused because the error is listed as only happening once about 250 miles ago, although possibly at that time I had the windscreen demos tee on full trying to clear ice. Maybe one of the flaps didn’t open fully.

If it was a leak I would have thought the error would keep coming back.

Many thanks once again
You're welcome! Yeah, errors are funny, for example...I had errors pop up a bit ago, lots of them, they even negatively impacted the steering, throttle and shut down my cruise control. I bought the Veepeak OBD2 scanner and Bimmerlink and it showed about a half dozen errors. IIRC, the errors were Parking Brake, ABS, Restraint System, DSC, Brakes and Chassis Stabilization and Cruise Control failed to work. You would have thought the world was crashing down on you. Come to find out, the only real issues were two wheel speed sensors. I replaced the two of them and all the other errors stopped showing.

When you stop and think about it, all those errors were because all the other systems depended on and used the data that the wheel speed sensors transmitted so when they stopped working, they impacted a whole host of things.

Possibly you are in the same boat. Anyway, bookmark that BMW error code site and use it to verify what your scanner and apps are telling you. If your car is not popping up with any errors and is running ok, I would not worry about it.
Appreciate 0