BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-17-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
rogerusp
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i 2010

Intermittent issues with driver profile

I just bought a 2019 X3 with comfort access. I have had intermittent issues where when i open the car the profile loaded is my wife’s profile and vice versa. Also a lot of times the seat position doesn’t change to mine (i still need to determine if that always happens because the profile loaded is the wrong one).
I have eliminated all obvious possible issues:

- The key is property linked to my profile
- My wife’s key is far away from the car
- My cellphone is far away from the key
- Key out of the pocket
- Replaced key fob battery

I have reassigned the keys to the profiles but that didn’t help. It happens sort of randomly. Like 1/3 of the time. And sometimes it doesn’t seem load neither profiles (the welcome screen doesn’t display mine or my wife’s profile names). I have now tried to disable the vehicle wifi see if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Worth mentioning that i have a 2015 BMW that i park right next to the X3. Not sure if it could cause any interference.

I am taking my car to the dealership next week. But given it is an intermittent issue i rather do my homework and be a bit more prepared to guide them what to check in case they are unable yo replicate the issue. Yesterday i was going back and forth opening the car using my key and then my wife’s key. Did that like 10 times. No issues. Then this morning my wife picked up the car and the car loaded my profile. After driving parking and driving again it loaded her profile

Last edited by rogerusp; 09-17-2019 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
JDsX3
Photojournalist, Tech & Product Analyst
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, i4, Corvette Stingray

I have a 2019 X3 built June of this year with all the packages. So far it has always loaded the proper driver profile. I have mine set up so it autolocks if I don't lock by touching the handle when I leave.

Since it is always locked, when I go to get in (FOB in my pocket), I touch the handle.
Current:2024 i4 Mineral White Metallic with Blue Exterior Accents, Canberra Beige Perforated SensaTec, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Pro Package, Drive Recorder. 2019 X3 Mineral White Metallic, Caberra Beige interior with most options. Corvette Stingray Arctic White w red interior.
Past:2002 Z3, Corvette Stingray and about 40 other cars
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
rogerusp
Rep

We always lock the car. But with comfort access even if it is not locked it loads the proper profile most of times
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #4
rogerusp
Rep

I took the car to the dealer twice and they can’t replicated the issue. My main issue is when using comfort access 10% of the time it doesn’t load my seat position correctly (it adjusts the height and stops) and also it loads some settings incorrectly (ex: sometimes it loads last radio, AC settings from my wife’s profile). Sometimes my wife has issues closing the car as well (sometimes she needs to remove the key from her bag to make it work). The issue is intermittent. This is my 4th BMW with comfort access and i never had any issues (just wanna emphasize i know how CA works so it is not an user mistake). Anyone having intermittent issues with CA?
I suspect defective sensor(s)/module. I am taking the car to the dealer to the 3rd time. BMW genius has been useless. They have these cookie cutter answers and assume i am ignorant on how CA works. I am so upset with all this
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 09:54 PM   #5
thedead
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

I have the same issue on my 2019...dealer asked me to take a video as they can't replicate the problem.

It seems to happen more when parked overnight.

Did you ever solve this?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 01:39 PM   #6
LBMW3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3

I have the same issue on a 2021 X3 and when I have mentioned it to the BMW service guy he looks at me like I’m speaking a foreign language. Shrugs his shoulders and says that’s weird and just moves on. Never acknowledges that it’s an issue just acts like I must be imagining it.

Mine happens most often when unlocking from the trunk hatch. Almost never happens when unlocking through the doors.

I’ve tried everything. Deleting and adding profiles. Change fob batteries nearly once a month. Logout and back into the car.

I’ve had the iPhone app installed and not installed on my phone and happens either way.
Appreciate 0