BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
MFox_Iowa
Rep
Drives: '04 X3

Opinion on the best leather care products

Obviously, I am looking for personal experience on the best leather cleaning and care/softening product for leather interiors in our BMW. I have tried a couple, but generally am not impressed. Any good experiences will be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Hoady02
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F07 535i GT

The best leather cleaner I have used is the BMW Leather Cleaner. Comes in an aerosol can and lasts a long time. Good value and well as a good product. Leather conditioners like favourite polishes can attract many opinions and I hope people share their experiences here. I have stuck to using Meguiars and Autoglym. Both seem to work really well although I think Autoglym is the better of the two but harder to source.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
joylove
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI

Leather is skin, animal skin. Therefore: PH neutral soap and water for cleaning, moisturiser for moisturising, beeswax for protection. They add lanolin to the beeswax to make it spread better.

I bought a bottle of Zymol leather food, it's liquid and way quicker to apply with less residue than doing it properly with beeswax.
Appreciate 0