BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #111
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
okay so the window sticker on page one of this thread shows damping control as part of the M Package on a 28i, but another window sticker of a 35i makes no mention of it but says delete sport suspension.

now why would they DELETE a sport suspension from a M SPORT unless they replaced it with something better (like damping control).

Just another reason I will wait until 2012 models and hope this is all figured out (well hoping for a 35D being the biggest reason)
+1, you wait and you get better cup holders as we have seen posted
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #112
Cx35i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Attached the screen shots I was talking about showing chassis and transmission settings. I'll try and take a few more of the rear suspension area later... though they do look like regular coil over-type shocks. There's a nest of cables moving into and out of the suspension, but these could be TPMS, etc. Suffice to say that I can't confirm by eyeballing the suspension (unless we can find a photo, rather than schematic) of DDC on an X3 for me to compare directly).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #113
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilligan View Post
Attached the screen shots I was talking about showing chassis and transmission settings. I'll try and take a few more of the rear suspension area later... though they do look like regular coil over-type shocks. There's a nest of cables moving into and out of the suspension, but these could be TPMS, etc. Suffice to say that I can't confirm by eyeballing the suspension (unless we can find a photo, rather than schematic) of DDC on an X3 for me to compare directly).

ooooo.... what colour is your car, black or carbon black???? can you post more pictures of your car??? lol...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #114
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton_matthias View Post
ooooo.... what colour is your car, black or carbon black???? can you post more pictures of your car??? lol...
Black Sapphire Metallic, unless you really like blue, it's the way to go... IMHO

Given the full dusting of pollen and the healthy bug collection I've gathered up front, I may wash/wax later. If I do, I'll try and snap some more pics. Enjoy.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cx35i; 05-07-2011 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #115
silverforumsurf
Private
Rep
Drives: To Buy

anyone with Dampeners please post a pic to http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527515

Someone without please post it, then we'll be able to confirm 100% finally!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #116
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Black Sapphire Metallic, unless you really like blue, it's the way to go... IMHO

Given the full dusting of pollen and the healthy bug collection I've gathered up front, I may wash/wax later. If I do, I'll try and snap some more pics. Enjoy.
Thx so much...... i ordered a carbon black x3 m sport with red brown leather and aluminum trim too =D

What options did you get on top of the m sport package may i ask?? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #117
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)

Quote:
Oh man, that IS a great colour combo. I ordered a Carbon Black/Dark Brown Leather combo, but now I'm on the fence. I thought the black on black would be too much, but it really looks good.

Does anyone have pics of a Carbon Black X3? I've seen the pics of other BMWs with the Carbon Black.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #118
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton_matthias View Post
Thx so much...... i ordered a carbon black x3 m sport with red brown leather and aluminum trim too =D

What options did you get on top of the m sport package may i ask?? thanks.
Specs:

xDrive35i
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Premium Package
M-Sport Package
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
40:20:40 Rear Seats
Premium Hi-Fi
Comfort Access Key

Didn't spring for the tech package (didn't want dimples on my bumper and I'm sated by my Nexus S' navigation abilities).

Premium sound is OK -- hasn't really impressed me yet, though I haven't heard the standard system. Thus far my most-appreciated option (surprisingly so) has been the Comfort Access Key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnE90 View Post
Oh man, that IS a great colour combo. I ordered a Carbon Black/Dark Brown Leather combo, but now I'm on the fence. I thought the black on black would be too much, but it really looks good.

Does anyone have pics of a Carbon Black X3? I've seen the pics of other BMWs with the Carbon Black.
Don't forget about the M-Sport's anthracite/black headliner...

For what it's worth, I was also concerned about the X3 being too black, but so far I'm elated with my selection. That said, Carbon Black/Dark Brown is going to be great combo!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #119
CdnE90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 11 X3 x35 (on order)

Quote:
Thus far my most-appreciated option (surprisingly so) has been the Comfort Access Key.

Don't forget about the M-Sport's anthracite/black headliner...
I'm going to need to ask you about both these points. I've also ordered the comfort access, but only because it was packaged with the power tailgate. What's so great about it?

The anthracite headliner -- what does that look like? I am assuming it's black while the regular X3 the headliner is not? Surprisingly, I have yet to see an M Sport in the flesh. I had ordered just the Sport Pkg, but that got discontinued in Canada so now I've moved up to the M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #120
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnE90 View Post
I'm going to need to ask you about both these points. I've also ordered the comfort access, but only because it was packaged with the power tailgate. What's so great about it?

The anthracite headliner -- what does that look like? I am assuming it's black while the regular X3 the headliner is not? Surprisingly, I have yet to see an M Sport in the flesh. I had ordered just the Sport Pkg, but that got discontinued in Canada so now I've moved up to the M Sport.
CA allows you to open and close/lock your doors with just the key fob on your person, ie. no slots to insert it nor fob buttons to push. Just touch the doorhandle. Great for when your hands are full of stuff (say, grocery bags, etc). I had it on two previous BMWs and loved it.

IMO, the anthracite headliner is a good visual improvement over the standard grey one. I do not care for the grey with certain colors (eg with SBronze), plus, the anthracite color blends better (imo) with much of the darker interiors. It's not a big deal, and you get used to either one, but if I have a choice, anthracite is better.
      05-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #121
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Echoing tucho44, having CA is like living in a world where cars don't need locks. My only interaction is pulling the door open and pressing the 'start' button.

Also, posted more pics of my X3 here: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527756
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #122
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Talking No More Guessing

Picked up my baby this morning... and it has DDC installed!!

Played with it on the way home, and it is VERY noticable. Suspension, steering, and acceleration are all ampliphied in SPORT and SPORT+ modes.

Proof:
Attached Images

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #123
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Picked up my baby this morning...
Please change your sig, unless you really want to flaunt your conspicuous consumption and are getting another X3......
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #124
4sure
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package

Quote:

Played with it on the way home, and it is VERY noticable. Suspension, steering, and acceleration are all ampliphied in SPORT and SPORT+ modes.

Proof:
Lookin Fantastic!!! Congrats!!! Exterior pics please
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #125
BXM3W
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP

Proof:
That's great news and congrats! Looking forward to more pictures.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #126
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Echoing tucho44, having CA is like living in a world where cars don't need locks. My only interaction is pulling the door open and pressing the 'start' button.

Also, posted more pics of my X3 here: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527756
But the only thing it now adds is the opening the door with the button feature, since all X3 have keyless start/stop, there is no inserting keys on any X3. So $500 for a button to open the door? I guess to some this is nice, to me its not worth it, other options I would rather get or save the $500 in general. Now if the car didn't have the keyless start/stop then I would get comfort access for sure (like all 2010 and prior BMWs)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #127
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
But the only thing it now adds is the opening the door with the button feature, since all X3 have keyless start/stop, there is no inserting keys on any X3. So $500 for a button to open the door? I guess to some this is nice, to me its not worth it, other options I would rather get or save the $500 in general. Now if the car didn't have the keyless start/stop then I would get comfort access for sure (like all 2010 and prior BMWs)
Yes, they have changed the CA system, so it takes away from the benefits it formerly had. Was in a package for me, so I'm getting it.
      05-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #128
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Please change your sig, unless you really want to flaunt your conspicuous consumption and are getting another X3......

How do you know I'm not, Steve? I don't want to spoil your birthday surprise...

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #129
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Carbon Black X3 35i

So I don't get it. What am I getting by spending an additional $1300 for the DHP if I already have the M-Package? My SA has showed me via the BMW ordering system that option code 223 (electronic dampers) are part of the DHP and not the M-package. But this doesn't make sense given what you've been getting...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #130
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:

Proof:
Hope it's not your imagination. The specs don't show that the electric dampers come with the ZMP.

Only a tear down of the suspension components will tell.
      05-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #131
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
okay so the window sticker on page one of this thread shows damping control as part of the M Package on a 28i, but another window sticker of a 35i makes no mention of it but says delete sport suspension.

now why would they DELETE a sport suspension from a M SPORT unless they replaced it with something better (like damping control).

Just another reason I will wait until 2012 models and hope this is all figured out (well hoping for a 35D being the biggest reason)
Because sport suspension IS an option in BMW X3 in other countries. If you go to BMW UK, when you select M Sport, you get the sport suspension. You can delete the sport suspension in UK for free. However, the variable (dynamic) damper control costs an extra 930 British pounds on top of a M Sport model.

For the U.S. market, M Sport package comes with the standard suspension, and for the factory production line "sport suspension delete" shows it's the standard suspension. i.e., the U.S. M Sport is mostly cosmetic.

Further corroborating this is that for Canada, the M Sport does not include dynamic damper control. You have to pay extra for it.

Don't kid yourself. Will BMW sell you a M Sport X3 and throw in the dynamic damper control for free? Is BMW running a charity?

Of course, one may be satisfied with the standard suspension, but that's not the point here.
      05-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #132
REZ-RACER
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:

Proof:
Congrats!!!! good news on the DDC.
Me and my girlfriend put our order in for the M-SPORT.
But our dealership doesn't have any spots open.
Appreciate 0