BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Closed Thread

02-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #23
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevils View Post
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought these things are not covered under warranty. In the US at least, it is the maintenance plan that covers this and that is included as standard in the purchase of all new US (at least) BMW vehicles.

For me, I'm not sure. Seems like it could be either. There's supposed to last X long. If they don't, is it that there was something wrong with them and they replace under warranty? Or that it was just "consumed and needed" within the maintenance plan?

In any case, glad they replace if needed in that time!
      02-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #24
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
To add a qualified of defence of Lotus:

I have read probably 95% of his posts on this forum, even stuff I'm not really that interested in, and he often responds to praise modestly and states that much of the information and diagrams supplied are just copied and pasted from various sources like RealOEM and the user manuals. I don't think he tries to pass it off as his own, he just adds his knowledge and opinion and it's very insightful, useful and interesting. Sometimes it's just his own opinion and people are entitled to disagree. I just think in this case his comment was misconstrued and it turned into a little rant which I now see has been removed which is probably a good idea on reflection but that email doesn't get deleted too unfortunately

And even when someone has just straight copied and pasted from another source and not added their own thoughts, it has still taken them time and effort to post and it saves other people time so it should be welcomed as part of the forum IMO. And yes, this last paragraph is because it's often exactly what I do!
+1
      02-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #25
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
To add a qualified of defence of Lotus:

I have read probably 95% of his posts on this forum, even stuff I'm not really that interested in, and he often responds to praise modestly and states that much of the information and diagrams supplied are just copied and pasted from various sources like RealOEM and the user manuals. I don't think he tries to pass it off as his own, he just adds his knowledge and opinion and it's very insightful, useful and interesting. Sometimes it's just his own opinion and people are entitled to disagree. I just think in this case his comment was misconstrued and it turned into a little rant which I now see has been removed which is probably a good idea on reflection but that email doesn't get deleted too unfortunately

And even when someone has just straight copied and pasted from another source and not added their own thoughts, it has still taken them time and effort to post and it saves other people time so it should be welcomed as part of the forum IMO. And yes, this last paragraph is because it's often exactly what I do!
And most definitely +1!!

As I indicated in my earlier post, I though the comments made were totally out of order. That post has now disappeared presumably because it quoted the offending post. The fact that our moderators have chosen to remove that post should be seen as further endorsement of your value here Lotus.

Stay with us!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #26
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Goodby

To MAKE, sfax, johnbmw6, Nahoa, and Bustfa,

Thank you for your kind support, but the recent hateful attack on the content of my posts and me personally has caused me to rethink why I would want to be a member of this Forum. I’ve concluded that if a simple informational post can trigger such a response in even one member, it’s not worth my time to continue here. That post has “soured” me for any further participation to the XBimmers X3 Forum.

Therefore I will no longer post to this Forum. I’ve deleted ALL the threads I started, and am systematically deleting all of my 1500+ previous posts, so that they can’t offend anyone.

Arividerchi, I wish you well, but I’m gone!

Last edited by Lotus7; 02-06-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread