BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Contacts from iPhone no Longer Working

Something changed. I suspect a disconnect between an Apple update and iDrive.

Contacts with multiple addresses used to open on click and display a list of numbers. When using voice command, if there were multiple numbers the system would say so, display them and ask for the number of the line you wanted to call.

Now, in voice command it just locks up if there are multiple. Sticking at the ". . . " display as though still loading contacts, but it dumps out of voice command and does nothing more on its own.

Manually, it displays each number of a multiple number contact as an individual line. Unfortunately, the lines aren't long enough most times to see the indicator at the end showing what number it is. If you select one of them, it dials immediately.

Just me? Anyone else experiencing this? Have I done it to myself by changing some setting I can't seem to find? As best I can figure, the only thing that's changed has been updated software on the iPhone.
      09-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Something changed. I suspect a disconnect between an Apple update and iDrive.

Contacts with multiple addresses used to open on click and display a list of numbers. When using voice command, if there were multiple numbers the system would say so, display them and ask for the number of the line you wanted to call.

Now, in voice command it just locks up if there are multiple. Sticking at the ". . . " display as though still loading contacts, but it dumps out of voice command and does nothing more on its own.

Manually, it displays each number of a multiple number contact as an individual line. Unfortunately, the lines aren't long enough most times to see the indicator at the end showing what number it is. If you select one of them, it dials immediately.

Just me? Anyone else experiencing this? Have I done it to myself by changing some setting I can't seem to find? As best I can figure, the only thing that's changed has been updated software on the iPhone.
What version of IOS are you at?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
I'd have to test it, because I haven't used the voice control in awhile. But I did once have a bug where none of my contacts were listed, even though the phone was paired and active. I rebooted the phone, and that cleared it up.

Problem is, it is not always easy to determine if the problem lies with the phone, the car, or the technology itself.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0